Repaying hours from reduced rest periods

This might sound odd, but can “owed” hours be repayed attached to a new reduced rest period?

I owe 19.5 hours due by the end of next week, but this week would be my second full weekly rest period in a row. Rather than this week being a full rest, could I treat it as a new reduced rest and repay the owed hours due by next week and then have another 3 weeks to repay this new reduced?

Hope that makes sense!!

elniniol999:
This might sound odd, but can “owed” hours be repayed attached to a new reduced rest period?

I owe 19.5 hours due by the end of next week, but this week would be my second full weekly rest period in a row. Rather than this week being a full rest, could I treat it as a new reduced rest and repay the owed hours due by next week and then have another 3 weeks to repay this new reduced?

Hope that makes sense!!

YES you can pay back in full after a reduced daily or weekly rest period

How you use the hours off in regard to the regs is up to you as long as you meet the weekly rest requirements

Legal example
Week 1 have reduced of 32 hours leaving 13 to pay back
Week 2 have regular weekly rest of 57 hours = only 45 + 12 so not enough to pay back the 13
Week 3 have regular weekly rest of 55 hours but use 42 as reduced + 13 as pay back leaving a new 3 to pay back
Payback the 3 hours with a regular or reduced daily rest
Week 4 have a regular weekly rest

Cheers ROG

I thought that would be the case but didn’t fancy racking up an infringement due to an assumption!