Does CPC count for buses aswell as trucks?

I have my full CPC for the next 5 years. Does this count for buses too aswell as trucks or do I need to do it again for buses. I know I need pcv licence but should the CPC I’ve got still be ok?

Thanks in advance [emoji3]

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

cheetham100:
I have my full CPC for the next 5 years. Does this count for buses too aswell as trucks or do I need to do it again for buses. I know I need pcv licence but should the CPC I’ve got still be ok?

Thanks in advance [emoji3]

Do you have a pre 1997 car licence :question:
Is PCV listed on your DQC :question:

If no to both then you need to pass PCV modules 2 and 4 to get PCV onto the DQC

Do you have PCV provisional - you should have ticked D on the D2 form when you applied for LGV - it was free to do that so the medical covered both

Thank you. No I passed my car test 2006 and don’t have pcv listed on my dqc. Looks like I’ll have to do mod 2 and mod 4 then.

But I did select pcv on the form before so yes I do have pcv provisional entitlement on it. So your saying that I don’t have to do the medical again?

cheetham100:
Thank you. No I passed my car test 2006 and don’t have pcv listed on my dqc. Looks like I’ll have to do mod 2 and mod 4 then.

But I did select pcv on the form before so yes I do have pcv provisional entitlement on it. So your saying that I don’t have to do the medical again?

If you already have a category D provisional, you won’t need to take another medical.

You can complete PCV Module 2 & Module 4 to gain your PCV Driver CPC. Your PCV DCPC will start from the date you pass Mod 4.

However, one question; why would you want to do this? Assuming you don’t already have a PCV D/D1 licence, or are not thinking of attaining it soon, the PCV Driver CPC would be a pointless exercise.

Have you only done mods 2 and 4 to get your current DQC or have you also completed 35 hours of periodic training :question:

That is important because it determines what happens when you pass PCV mods 2 and 4

ROG:
Have you only done mods 2 and 4 to get your current DQC or have you also completed 35 hours of periodic training :question:

That is important because it determines what happens when you pass PCV mods 2 and 4

I’ve only done mod 2 and 4

BishBashBosh:

cheetham100:

If you already have a category D provisional, you won’t need to take another medical.

You can complete PCV Module 2 & Module 4 to gain your PCV Driver CPC. Your PCV DCPC will start from the date you pass Mod 4.

However, one question; why would you want to do this? Assuming you don’t already have a PCV D/D1 licence, or are not thinking of attaining it soon, the PCV Driver CPC would be a pointless exercise.

U are right to ask lol. The reason is that I’m just curious as I have a bus driver interview coming up.

cheetham100:

ROG:

I’ve only done mod 2 and 4

With that info this is what should happen -
When you pass PCV mods 2 and 4 then do the 35 hours of periodic training (before the LGV part expires) the DQC will then add 5 years to the PCV mod 4 test expiry date

Example of how it should be … unless they have changed the system
Pass LGV mod 4 in July 2013 - expires July 2018
Pass PCV mod 4 in November 2017 - expires November 2022
Complete 35 hours by July 2018
DQC issued with November 2027 expiry date for both LGV & PCV