The minefield of training providers

My brother was due to take his class 2 test with a well known company in the North West area on Friday 2 weeks ago and when he got to the training yard he was told by the owner that the engine management computer was broken on the automatic training vehicle and the engine wouldn’t start. The owner goes on to tell my brother to get an hours practice in before the test on a manual and if he failed the test they would repay for a new test and give free use of the training vehicle when fixed for the new test.

My brother accepted the offer thinking he had nothing to lose but unfortunately failed after getting 5 driving faults on gears.

When he got back at the yard the owner said he would be in touch to arrange a new date ASAP however he blocked all contact from my brother and when my brother went to the training yard a week later the owner threatened to kill him if he didn’t leave.

My brother is taking legal action to get his money back for the test and has since passed with another company. My advice to anyone looking for a training provider is always read reviews before going with them.

Are you going to share the companies name? Or point people in the direction of reviews?

jonnyboat:
Are you going to share the companies name? Or point people in the direction of reviews?

I bet its that Liverpool one another member had problems with due to them using an out of date reversing area , :wink:

blue estate:

jonnyboat:

I bet its that Liverpool one another member had problems with due to them using an out of date reversing area , :wink:

Author of this thread is the guy who had problems with that Liverpool one. If it is that one then I call ■■■■■■■■ to this story. Why would his brother have gone to the same trainer? Reckon someone is still salty and throwing mud.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

This is why it’s a plan to use a trainer with a number of similar vehicles. Stuff does go wrong - we’re dealing with things mechanical and electronic so it’s a given. But the secret of providing customer service is in how the situation is sorted.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
This is why it’s a plan to use a trainer with a number of similar vehicles. Stuff does go wrong - we’re dealing with things mechanical and electronic so it’s a given. But the secret of providing customer service is in how the situation is sorted.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yep :wink: the trainer I’m using uses all Dafs Lf rigid and Cf tractors all auto

ItsJoe:
My brother was due to take his class 2 test with a well known company in the North West area on Friday 2 weeks ago and when he got to the training yard he was told by the owner that the engine management computer was broken on the automatic training vehicle and the engine wouldn’t start. The owner goes on to tell my brother to get an hours practice in before the test on a manual and if he failed the test they would repay for a new test and give free use of the training vehicle when fixed for the new test.

My brother accepted the offer thinking he had nothing to lose but unfortunately failed after getting 5 driving faults on gears.

When he got back at the yard the owner said he would be in touch to arrange a new date ASAP however he blocked all contact from my brother and when my brother went to the training yard a week later the owner threatened to kill him if he didn’t leave.

My brother is taking legal action to get his money back for the test and has since passed with another company. My advice to anyone looking for a training provider is always read reviews before going with them.

Yes it’s the same guy as before with the bad review about the trsining company who felt like he’d been hard done by and was telling everybody to avoid the company he went with and that he was going to take legal action against them.

So his brother failed his test 2 weeks ago but has already gone on to book and pass another test in 2 weeks ?

Just go set fire to the whole fleet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to add, this wasn’t EPL who I was with. I’ve been told not to name the company in question until the matter is settled in court.

ItsJoe:
Just to add, this wasn’t EPL who I was with. I’ve been told not to name the company in question until the matter is settled in court.

PM (private message) sent to you - see near top of page to access it

Not EPL. You and your Bro sure do pick em then.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

ItsJoe:
… I’ve been told not to name the company in question until the matter is settled in court…

Hi,

That’s absolutely spot-on advice, and it particularly applies to written messages that can be publicly seen, including here on TN.

When any allegation/dispute is in its early stages, it’s all handbags at dawn, followed by ‘he said, she said’ etc, which is just plain confusing because there’s usually no context and only one side of a story being put forward.

Once allegation/dispute has been to court, it’s easy to report/post what the court ruled, or what a newspaper or news report said about something, because it’s them who are saying it.

That’s the very reason why the owners of TN insist on some form of verification or link for certain types of alleged ‘fact’ posted on the forum.