POA and breaks

Hey, I’ve been wondering, why does my time spent on POA appear as ‘break’ time on the tacho when POA isn’t a break?

jordon1703:
Hey, I’ve been wondering, why does my time spent on POA appear as ‘break’ time on the tacho when POA isn’t a break?

Because the software when multi manning uses poa as a break when a card is in slot 2 and when they wrote the program they didn’t think that the 2nd man would actually be doing any work so just wrote poa in to the overall program to count as break.

That makes sense when you are multi-manning, but I’m not multi-manning?

jordon1703:

Poa was an after thought to extend the working average hours over the 48hr week.So its not built into the tacho software i assume.You just need to write down when your on poa.And start and finish time as not to get into any hassle between the 2.To be honest though.Unless your not paid breaks.There really is’nt much use using it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’m paid the same amount whether I take a break or not; obviously I do take breaks, but the point stands. Thanks for your reply

jordon1703:
I’m paid the same amount whether I take a break or not; obviously I do take breaks, but the point stands. Thanks for your reply

Fair enough then.As do i.So never use poa.As it does the same as a break.When it comes to working time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jordon1703:

It’s the way it’s set in the program.
I dunno why but there you go .

Why is the sky blue and who decided it was blue and not pink ?

It’s just the way it is. I see your point :smiley: