How long to get licence back from dvla

Passed class 2 last thursday 5th examiner took licence anyone know how long it takes to get back ? Got cpc theory on 23rd and starting to get worried it wont be back in time :unamused:

They do say up to three weeks potentially.

It took mine exactly 20 days to return in August.

Halliesdad:
Passed class 2 last thursday 5th examiner took licence anyone know how long it takes to get back ? Got cpc theory on 23rd and starting to get worried it wont be back in time :unamused:

Congratulations on passing.

It can take up to three weeks to arrive, but likely to be around 14 days. If its not back before your CPC, call them up. They may let you take it, as long as you have proof of your license.

They may let you take it, as long as you have proof of your license.

Sorry, but they’re just not that sensible. No licence, no test.

You have to gamble. To postpone the test you have to give 3 clear working days notice. This includes Saturdays. You can check on line to see if it’s been issued and you receive the licence 2 or 3 days later as a rule.

Not helpful to the OP, but for anyone else with a gap between driving test and Mod 4, don’t part with your licence. Just sent it in with your pass cert when you’ve passed Mod 4.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the replys will give it to Wednesday then rearrange test if not issued many thanks

I passed my C+E in September. I got my licence back on the 15th day after

Passed mine on 15th August, got my licence back on 31st.
IIRC it was updated on the DVLA website on 28th or 29th.

I passed cat C this summer and it took exactly 21 WORKING DAYS to get my licence back.

CPC card took even longer to come through and i even passed CPC 2 days before cat C.

It’s a real possibility you might not have your licence back in time.

Well-Jell:
I passed cat C this summer and it took exactly 21 WORKING DAYS to get my licence back.

CPC card took even longer to come through and i even passed CPC 2 days before cat C.

It’s a real possibility you might not have your licence back in time.

That’s because DVLA have changed how they issue DQCards - they won’t issue your DQC anymore until you have passed your LGV test. It’s a cost exercise. Think about it; what use is a DQC if you don’t have a vocational licence to pair it with?

The only exeption to this would if you already had a C1 through acquired rights (passed cat B prior to 01 Jan 1997).

Both licence and tacho issued yesterday . Received tacho today no licence as yet though

Halliesdad:
Both licence and tacho issued yesterday . Received tacho today no licence as yet though

Should be with you tomorrow/Saturday.

It’s too late to cancel your theory test now anyway, so just sit back and cross your fingers!