Class 2 towing?

Another Noob question and one I can’t seem to find the answer to myself.

The boss in the transport office is telling me I can tow a trailer up to 750kg, which the gov website does state I can do.

But what I can’t find is if I already need to have a B+E licence? Because as far as I’m aware I have no towing entitlement at all on my licence.

I can’t understand why passing a rigid C licence would suddenly give me towing entitlement.

Help folks

it doesnt.

even if you had just B, you can tow up to 750kg behind your car (or any weight trailer as long as the combination weights 3.5ton total or less)

Towing laws - all go on the plated weights not actual weights
B = vehicle 3500 GVW + 750 MAM trailer OR if trailer over 750 then vehicle GVW + trailer MAM must not total more than 3500
B+E = vehicle up to 3500 GVW with any trailer up to 3500 MAM
C = rigid vehicle of any weight with max trailer of 750 MAM

B categories are lower than C categories so cannot be used to upgrade C towing entitlements

ROG:
Towing laws - all go on the plated weights not actual weights
B = vehicle 3500 GVW + 750 MAM trailer OR if trailer over 750 then vehicle GVW + trailer MAM must not total more than 3500
B+E = vehicle up to 3500 GVW with any trailer up to 3500 MAM
C = rigid vehicle of any weight with max trailer of 750 MAM

B categories are lower than C categories so cannot be used to upgrade C towing entitlements

Thanks for clearing that up, made no sense to me the way the gov website clarifies things.

The one that puzzles me is C1+E with weight limit 107.
I understand that means 8250 kg max combined weight, but if the PM MAM is < 7500 kg, can you pull a trailer over 750 kg?
(Makes a big difference for anyone wanting to tow a car behind a motorhome).

I gave up trying to interpret it and I’m doing C+E next month, but it would be good to know.

Crossroads:
The one that puzzles me is C1+E with weight limit 107.
I understand that means 8250 kg max combined weight, but if the PM MAM is < 7500 kg, can you pull a trailer over 750 kg?
(Makes a big difference for anyone wanting to tow a car behind a motorhome).

I gave up trying to interpret it and I’m doing C+E next month, but it would be good to know.

C1+E (107) = vehicle GVW added to trailer MAM must not total more than 8250

Examples -
7500 + 750 = 8250
6500 + 1750 = 8250
5000 + 3250 = 8250
etc