-

Comment removed, not applicable

I’m not sure what the question was.

You were employed for less than two years and being sick is not a protected characteristic. As long as they followed procedure, which you seem to think they have, there’s nothing you can do.

From their pov, they had someone who has been determined by outside agencies, ie the police, to be 50% responsible. That may or may not be accurate, but that’s what the Insurance will take away and that’s going to cause a spike in the firm’s insurance costs.

If you are awaiting the outcome of a DVLA medical, then I can’t see how they can take you back anyway.

Plenty of people may be pushing you to an employment tribunal, but I’m not hearing anything - obviously I don’t have all the facts, that makes me think you have a case. You could try half an hour with a NWNF lawyer and see what they say.

I hope you continue to progress well with your recovery.

Move on, your experience is bad, move on, get your life sorted then start driving

That is a crap experience but at least you do still have all the important things.

I hope it doesn’t make getting a new job harder for you.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I see, i thought you hadn’t had the OK from the DVLA, I see you have.

The problem with people saying they are being a bit sly is that they are people who like you and therefore will be annoyed on your behalf, which is fair enough. if they ran that haulage company, they would no doubt see things a lot differently.

simcant:
Move on, your experience is bad, move on, get your life sorted then start driving

^^^ You had a tough time, I’d move on.

FWIW, I had a lad apply for a job that fronted from the start that he had rolled a truck - to my mind he’s the one driver that will never do that again, having experienced an accident I believe makes you more cautious overall. Maybe other employers will think that. On the other hand if I found someone had taken a firm to a tribunal over nothing much ( yes it’s something to you, but not to my eyes) after they had totalled a truck, caused god knows how much grief from the police and DVSA and lost a load of money, I wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole.

Good luck with your job hunt and future driving.

Sage advice there from albion. Recommend you take it on board. And all the very best for the future.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

This is a case that you need to be glad that you didn’t sign a contract to pay for any damages.

Good luck to the OP, hope it all works out for you.

This is the reason I purchased a dash cam, that way its all on video.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Have you asked for a copy of the Police report into the incident.

With such injuries involved, even if the Serious Collision Investigator wasn’t called out, then the position of the vehicles post incident, the damage sustained, the width of the road, skid marks etc etc . . . . Will all have been noted on that report.

They say that “He who has the most credible witnesses wins” . . . But those witnesses can include the first on scene, emergency responders, recovery team, nearby householders etc.

As said by others, personally I would take it on the chin and move on. It seems you have recovered and that’s the main thing.

They “might” have been sly, but that doesn’t make what they did unfair. I would concentrate on your recovery and more on

Could it be possible that a mechanical defect on the lorry caused the crash, I would forget that firm and move on.

a fascinating read , thanks for sharing - although I hope i’m not giving the impression I’m glad you went through it just so I could read about it :blush: :confused:

hope everything works out for you.

Stupid people think everyone else is as stupid as they are . . . There are so many holes in this jackanory that it could possibly qualify as cheese in some EU countries.

I wouldn’t mind, but it bothers me that some folk passing thru’ this website might actually believe some of the gobpoo !

Been down this road, many years ago, just move on and get another job.

You seem to be looking for a reason to go to court, and fishing to see if its worth doing as either unfair dismissal, or constructive dismissal, just move on and put it down to experience.

Since it was blamed equally on both of the drivers, was the other driver sacked as well ?

Tooz:
Since it was blamed equally on both of the drivers, was the other driver sacked as well ?

Wether he was or not, doesn’t necessarily have any bearing on this.

His circumstances and crucially how his employer views the matter, is the important bit.