Job likelihood

Good morning all

I am just about to start making my way into the professional driving business by booking a medical.

Just a few questions before I commit. Would it be better to go for my C+E straight after my C licence( providing no retests required)

Also in the current job climate what are the chances of a 26 year old new pass getting a job in class one within a month of passing? I would be trying for a night trunking class one job preferably.

Thanks all safe driving.

Would be looking east Midlands, Lincolnshire area if that makes a difference.

LittleDrip:
I am just about to start making my way into the professional driving business by booking a medical.

Pay more than £60 = ripped off

Have a look at job sites such as indeed to get some understanding on driver demand and what employers are looking for with regards to experience etc in your area. A good tip that I found on here was that even if employers want a year’s experience and you have less than that, still apply for the job as they might become desperate and give you a chance.

East Midlands seems to be one of the better areas for getting a start.

If you haven’t already booked your medical, consider our Starter Pack which will save you a packet and take you through to the point where you are ready for your practical training.

You might also want to take note of the current Trucknet offer:

1:1 training
New or very nearly new training vehicle
Fully qualified and registered instructor
Pre-booked driving test at our private test centre on site
Full use of driving test site facilities for your practice
Test fee
Vehicle for test
VAT
Insurance
Mod 4 training
Mod 4 test
Vehicle for Mod 4 test

If you live more than 70 miles from NG17 3FW, you will also get free accommodation for the duration of your course.

The Mod 4 will take place during the time you are with us for CAT C but wont affect your CAT C training time.

TOTAL cost £1260.

To take advantage of this offer, simply call 01623 555661. You will be asked for £200 deposit with the balance due 2 weeks prior to training. You can negotiate your course dates at the same time.

Offer applies to new bookings only.

Very doubtful you’ll beat that deal with quality training.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Doctors on wheels were alright for a medical only £50. Deffinatly don’t use your GP.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

prior to passing my test I called up a few places to get a feel for the job market.

Might be an idea to do the same before you pay out.

IronEddie:
Doctors on wheels were alright for a medical only £50. Deffinatly don’t use your GP.

No harm in checking, my GP smashed through the questions quick enough, i peed in a pot and after the test put £50 in the charity box in reception on the way out.

mrginge:

IronEddie:

No harm in checking, my GP smashed through the questions quick enough, i peed in a pot and after the test put £50 in the charity box in reception on the way out.

Fair enough mine wanted £100 plus VAT.

There are afew firms in the Spalding area that will take on C+E new passes, your not going to get rich though but you will gain some experience.

In all honesty mate, save your dough and do something better.