Pre 1997 and CPC

Hi guys, got my Cat C and CE 102 the date is <1991, I think i did it around 1987? What difference does this make to CPC requirements if any?

Cheers

Ed

edwin catflap:
Hi guys, got my Cat C and CE 102 the date is <1991, I think i did it around 1987? What difference does this make to CPC requirements if any?

Cheers

Ed

If you have never been issued with a DQC then you have the choice of either doing the two initial TESTS or doing the 35 hours of ATTENDANCE training to get a DQC

Hi ROG I presume since I dont know what a DQC is that I never had one, cheers! When you say tests are these the mods 2 and 4?

Ed

edwin catflap:
Hi ROG I presume since I dont know what a DQC is that I never had one, cheers! When you say tests are these the mods 2 and 4?

Ed

Yes. Module 2: Case Studies Theory Test & Module 4: Practical Demonstration Test.

DQC = Drivers Qualification Card (issued once you have completed your DCPC).

Completing Mods 2 & 4 will involve less ‘contact time’ with training school and probably be cheaper. However, if you are completing with a reputable provider, the DCPC Periodic Training contains a lot more useful information as a driver going back into the industry. IMO, a full day on Drivers Hours & Digi Tachos (with the opportunity to have a play about with a Digi Tacho machine/simulator) is invaluable to a new driver; something that Modules 2 & 4 don’t need to (and probably won’t) cover.

Hope that helps.

More on the driver cpc contained within the link in my signature below