LGv rule changes

Hello everyone. I am looking to do my Class 2 soon but have heard that rule changes mean I might have to do a further test prior to doing my Class 2. I am driving a 7.5t dropside occasionally (under grandad rules)., Are there any changes due and if so when please. Any help greatly appreciated

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I think you mean CPC mod 2 to drive professionally for an award. To obtain class 2 licence you have to pass theory test, hazard perception test and practical driving test.
To drive professionally you need also CPC mod 2 case studies and mod 4 practical demonstration.

Speak to your trainer about your options. I recommend PSTT as reliable driving school which I used recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoyne72:
Hello everyone. I am looking to do my Class 2 soon but have heard that rule changes mean I might have to do a further test prior to doing my Class 2. I am driving a 7.5t dropside occasionally (under grandad rules)., Are there any changes due and if so when please. Any help greatly appreciated

Not heard anything about any rule changes but currently if you have grandad rights you will still need to complete your hazard perception, therory and the cpc as well as the practical class 2 training, for me the cpc was completed alongside the practical (in cab) all that was further needed was one day in the class room which would need to be factored into the costs. Not sure if all HGV schools can offer this but mine certainly did.

As you’re currently driving a cat C1 vehicle I assume you’ve already done the Driver CPC and have a DQC ?

As far as I’m aware all you need to do now is the pass the cat C test.

Others have said that you need to do the hazard test to obtain cat C, as you have grandfather rights I didn’t think you would need to do the hazard test but I could be wrong.

Having LGV C1 under grandfather rights (pre 97) and driving that commercially means you must have by law a current valid driver cpc card (DQC) where you attended 35 hours of periodic dcpc training

To obtain LGV C you will need to pass the theory module 1a and HPT module 1b as well as the practical on road/reverse test module 3
No need for driver cpc modules 2 and 4 tests

I would also do the C training with a school that has the practical training approved for driver cpc hours so you can get 14 or more hours towards the 35 hours you need for your next DQC :bulb:

The forum sponsor (Peter Smythe) has a deal on this I think :bulb:

Thank you everyone. Your comments match my information from a number of companies in my home location of Merseyside.