Thanks to PSTT

Thanks to all at Peter Smythe for getting me a C + E pass this morning. I’ve been up already this year for C, so knew what to expect from the school, although as the date got closer I had started to wonder about the size of Artic and how I would adjust.

Thankfully it’s been a pass though, did pick up a few minors but will settle for that. On day one the reverse was tough and I would mess up more times than get it right, but on Sunday the routine clicked in so I could adjust quickly and keep things on track.

It’s been a good experience on both occasions although I’m glad to reflect that I don’t anticipate taking another driving test ever again.

Congratulations [emoji122]

This time next week I’ll be way through my first days cat C training with Pete. Can’t wait!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

IronEddie:

This time next week I’ll be way through my first days cat C training with Pete. Can’t wait!

See ya there buddy - in for my class 1 next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abzyyy:

IronEddie:

Excellent! I was wondering myself if any fellow users from here would be there same time as me.

Well done on the pass and thanks for the kind comments. As I recall, the number of driving faults was quite low - but you make it sound though you scraped through LOL!

All the best to the candidates joining us in the next few days. Relax and enjoy.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations, it’s a great feeling.

All the best.

IronEddie:

That is a rare treat, I understand Pete doesn’t take many students himself!

abzyyy:

IronEddie:

Don’t forget to put each other on the Who’s seen Who thread next week.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Peter Smythe:
Well done on the pass and thanks for the kind comments. As I recall, the number of driving faults was quite low - but you make it sound though you scraped through LOL!

Well, If I could have managed to get Chris MC another clean sheet for the league table that would have been nice, but not this time.

njl:

IronEddie:

When I was booking with Tracey I think she described it as pulling him out of retirement.

Haha. That’s about right. But I like to do enough so as not to go rusty. Anything up to 6 or 8 courses a year. But one starting tomorrow and another soon after. 2 in a month!!

Congratulations on the pass.

I hope to be going back for my C+E in the future.

Yous guys are in good hands and hsve nothing to worry about although i knew that after Pete himself took me out on my assessment drive but i still worried about it on the approach to my training.

I was with Chris MC and i got him another clean sheet to add to his big collection.

Chris MC is a great teacher and really knows his stuff, on test day i was a bag of nerves and he sat me down for one of his pep talks for and told me HE KNEW i could do it, he genuinely knew i could do it.

IronEddie:

njl:

IronEddie:

When I was booking with Tracey I think she described it as pulling him out of retirement.

Hi buddy, how was your first lesson?

abzyyy:

IronEddie:

njl:

IronEddie:

Hey mate. Yeah pretty good I think. Brain feels a bit overloaded now though!

How’d your day go?

abzyyy:

IronEddie:

njl:

IronEddie:

IronEddie:
Hey mate. Yeah pretty good I think. Brain feels a bit overloaded now though!

How’d your day go?

It went well - id prefer to drive what you were in any day though - I had Chris MC again - which is a bonus as I had him last time - I suppose I’m quite comfortable with him - the reversing is mind boggling though - got loads of reversing time tomorrow so hopefully it should set in tomorrow. [emoji4]

abzyyy:
It went well - id prefer to drive what you were in any day though - I had Chris MC again - which is a bonus as I had him last time - I suppose I’m quite comfortable with him - the reversing is mind boggling though - got loads of reversing time tomorrow so hopefully it should set in tomorrow. [emoji4]

There was a point for me, that was on day 2, where the reverse manoeuvre started to be more ‘natural’ and consequently fairly consistent. It helped me to get a steady and slow pace so if I did apply the wrong direction of steering or steer too much when approaching the bay behind I could correct it without having messed up the overall position.