Retest after a year

Hi.
A year ago right after gaining my class 2 I decided to do my class 1 training.
Unfortunalely I failed my test. And because of many reasons I had to cancel my scheduled retest. I don’t want to write much about my reasons but the only thing I could do then was to start my class 2 job. And I did it. I found a decent company and I’ve been doing class 2 driving for a year now.

Finally I can go further and do my class 1.
But I have no idea how I should treat it. Do a full training again? Or just take a day or two and go for a test?

Another question is about digi card during test and training. Is it necessary to use it? If so I need to book a holiday to do it and can’t be practising during my driver rest?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Luke81:
Hi.
A year ago right after gaining my class 2 I decided to do my class 1 training.
Unfortunalely I failed my test. And because of many reasons I had to cancel my scheduled retest. I don’t want to write much about my reasons but the only thing I could do then was to start my class 2 job. And I did it. I found a decent company and I’ve been doing class 2 driving for a year now.

Finally I can go further and do my class 1.
But I have no idea how I should treat it. Do a full training again? Or just take a day or two and go for a test?

Another question is about digi card during test and training. Is it necessary to use it? If so I need to book a holiday to do it and can’t be practising during my driver rest?

LGV training vehicles are exempt tacho regs

Half the training time needed if doing it with the same type of C+E vehicle is my opinion

When I was doing my class 1 training a year ago the trainer told me to use my digi card all the time…
Anyway let’s say I do my new training during my drivers weekly rest. Even stopped by vosa I’m still ok? When they find out I’m violating my required rest?

Luke81:
When I was doing my class 1 training a year ago the trainer told me to use my digi card all the time…
Anyway let’s say I do my new training during my drivers weekly rest. Even stopped by vosa I’m still ok? When they find out I’m violating my required rest?

You can use the digicard but OUT OF SCOPE should be selected

I am assuming this was using a training vehicle and not a loaded works vehicle :question: :question: :question:

As ROG has said training vehicles are exempt from tacho. And I agree that it’s likely to be around half a course to get back up to scratch, assuming you were close to test standard previously.

If you were happy with your trainer, I suggest you contact them and have an assessment. If that’s not the case, or you’re unhappy with the outcome of the assessment, try another trainer.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Pete can you PM me with cost of half a training at your firm?