Kane Haulage St Albans

Hi all

Haven’t posted in a while. It’s been a year since I started multi dropping in an 18 toner and now have my feelers out as I have a little more experience now. I done a little searching on here and found some old posts with some loose info on Kane Haulage in St Albans but not enough. Does anyone work for or know anything about them? It’s a different step moving onto to tippers but I’m not sure I can do multi drop pallet work forever. I do wanna try other avenues but the issue is, if I take a leap on a whim and end up regretting it, the company I work for won’t let me come back lol.

Any info is good, if not I shall be cautious to the wind before I make any decisions.

Thanks

Seem to have a few newish motors on the road… see them quite often going in to London.

Apparently from what I’ve been told is there ■■■■ and they employ a lot of foreign drivers and pay them cash in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a few of them come into work lost, looking for the yard down the road, so i’d say they take on new drivers. Job advert says £630pw rising to £680pw after probation. most tipper firms have a reputation ,usually bad, so only way to know would be ■■■■ it an see. Giving up a steady jobs a hard choice

There is B.P Mitchell in Hatfield heard better things about them and they would cover a bigger scope of driving jobs as they run tippers, skips, roro’s, concrete mixers and possibly more might be worth a try?

RB84:
Get a few of them come into work lost, looking for the yard down the road, so i’d say they take on new drivers. Job advert says £630pw rising to £680pw after probation. most tipper firms have a reputation ,usually bad, so only way to know would be ■■■■ it an see. Giving up a steady jobs a hard choice

There is B.P Mitchell in Hatfield heard better things about them and they would cover a bigger scope of driving jobs as they run tippers, skips, roro’s, concrete mixers and possibly more might be worth a try?

Nice one fella. Thought that may be the case. I do like my job but the company I work for are so badly organised that it makes think I need to move. I’ll have a look at your suggestions though. Thanks pal.

No worries in fairness to the drivers that come in it’s not their fault as the yard they want is down a road that’s signposted as a bus lane (you turn off before you get to the bus lane) and we get plenty more lost people turn up too!

An old workmate is a plant operator for Kane he’s been there a while now and seems happy enough think they’re mostly An MAN fleet now. Best thing to do if you want tipper work is just apply at a few companies and see how you feel about them and if you get a chance talk to the drivers see how they rate them.

Also watch Hell Drivers, its on youtube, good training video :wink:

James96:
Apparently from what I’ve been told is there [zb] and they employ a lot of foreign drivers and pay them cash in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BS, they pay all fully legal PAYE and other firms have more foreign drivers than they.
Failed post, false info - to be ignored.

But they have their issues…

Cash in hand is the other one in the area with similar color flags… :wink:

It’s a tipper firm, doing a lot of muckaway around that London place etc, always flat oot, You work you earn.