Gb domestic

Any ideas what the required brakes are for working under gb domestic cant seem to find much on it , just know no more than a 11 hrs in a shift with ten hours max for driving

Horley:
Any ideas what the required brakes are for working under gb domestic cant seem to find much on it , just know no more than a 11 hrs in a shift with ten hours max for driving

There are no legally required breaks or rest periods in UK domestic regs

You could LEGALLY do this for 7 days every week
0600 to 0630 work
0630 to 1630 drive
1630 to 1700 work
OR
work 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 1 hour
drive 1 hour
off 3 hours

Both silly but legal

What so no breaks are required of course youre gonna take one but sounds like a millione miles away from eu hours bud

I drive on domestic regs. I tramp all week and do as I please when it comes to breaks. Usually stop for an hour at lunch. Only rule we have at my place is you must have no less than 9 off same as you would if working eu regs.

Quality so what are the rules just no more than 11 hrs in a shift and a max of ten hours drive a day , so there is definitely no requirement for brakes ? Seems rather simply if that’s the case

No more than 11 hours of “work” so if you stop for a break that obviously doesn’t count as work. So you can still end doing more than that 11 hours.
10 hours driving is the max in any 24 hour period. So if you start at 6am and you do a 10 hour drive legally you cannot drive again until 6am the following morning. Having a daily rest does not reset it the way it does under EU regs.
No legally requirement for breaks but you are expected to take them.
DVSA aren’t interested in enforcing the WTD as I’ve found out so there’s no need to worry about that either. Been stopped twice and had my tacho downloaded and cross examined against my lie book with no issue. I regularly exceed the 6 hour WTD rule.

Quality cheers for heads up geez so basically just put you’re tacho in and put out of scope , I’ve been working under eu regs , when I put my card in how will I record my daily rest when I’ve put it out of scope normally I just put on the bed sign for my start time and that will record my rest under eu hope that makes sense

You don’t put your card in when working under domestic regs.
You should be given a log book to fill in. Which you must do. Even if it’s lies you’ve still got to fill it in.
When you’re finished for the day just switch it to the bed symbol and when you start again the next day it’ll be back to 0 allowing you to keep track of driving time for that day.

harrawaffa:
You don’t put your card in when working under domestic regs.
You should be given a log book to fill in. Which you must do. Even if it’s lies you’ve still got to fill it in.
When you’re finished for the day just switch it to the bed symbol and when you start again the next day it’ll be back to 0 allowing you to keep track of driving time for that day.

Tacho on out of scope can be used instead of daily log sheets

Sorry to drag up a old thread but I have a couple of questions about GB domestic rules,
Although we use log books to record our shifts, and our tacho heads are set to out of scope, Could a digi card be used to record our hours or do they only acknowledge EU rules??

Also although we use log books, should my transport manager be downloading our cards every 28 days even though we don’t use them? I think he should do but he says he dosnt have too…

slowtrac:
Sorry to drag up a old thread but I have a couple of questions about GB domestic rules,
Although we use log books to record our shifts, and our tacho heads are set to out of scope, Could a digi card be used to record our hours or do they only acknowledge EU rules??

Also although we use log books, should my transport manager be downloading our cards every 28 days even though we don’t use them? I think he should do but he says he dosnt have too…

No legal need to download domestic from digicard

Using digicard to record domestic is fine