C+e training

Hi guys
This as probably been asked before but I couldn’t find it which is easier to do c+e test
Wagon and drag
Or
Tractor and trailer

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been told that wagon and drag. It forgives you more if you make mistakes and on the end you have the same licence as if you do artic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If doing CE in W&D then it is well worth getting some extra training for ARTIC because most CEs in UK are artics

I have no axe to grind as we have both. Reversing is similar for both, so nothing to consider there. Steering forwards is the biggest difference where the drawbar (if set up correctly) will simply follow the truck around corners. Coupling up is more difficult with the drawbar as more precision is required to line up with the pin (the artic has a large “V” for the pin to aim for whereas the drawbar has to line up within a very small tolerance).

ROG is correct when he suggests that anyone passing on a drawbar would benefit from a session on a “real” artic before entering the real world.

As said, I have no axe to grind - but personally I prefer artic. And, with a first time pass, it comes out cheaper than drawbar + conversion to artic. But that’s a purely personal opinion.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Do your training on what you want to drive. End of.

w&d easier to pass your test in but you’re going to have to spend a few hundred quid on artic lessons unless you know exactly that w&d is all you will ever drive.