HGV c+e training

Had my first training day with peter smyth transport training on c+e today after passing cat c with them 5 weeks ago.

The day started with 2 hours of reversing still trying to get my head around this part with being dyslexic I’m finding it a mental block at the moment but still got it in the box not as smoothly as I would have liked but it will come.

Then I was met by the instructor that is going to take me for the duration of my training we started with a uncouple and couple this went very smooth and I feel very confident on this stage of the learning process getting it square to the trailer seems to be the hardest part of this.

Then me and my instructor for the duration headed for the road learning the sweet spots of the artic and the amount of space I need for tight roundabouts and corners and how much slower it needs to be taken was an eye opener for sure.

After around 2.5 hours on the road we headed back and took a 15 minute brake we then resumed by doing some more reversing the mental block is still there however I’m sure thvery s will be resolved in the days to come.

I will try and keep this updated each day if I have the will :laughing:

Day 2:

First thing we did was a uncouple and 're-couple pretty straight forward then we went out on the road feeling it alot better today no major issues just got to remember to pull back in a bit quicker when the cab has passed the obstruction after a few hours headed back to the training centre quick brake then onto the reversing area coming together alot better than the first day did two reverses spot on then on the last reverse pushed the barrier back didn’t knock it over but still not happy with myself then it was time to park the unit up I finished off the day with a uncouple.

Now for the weekend for it to sink in and back to it Monday!

Was just much of the same for the last 2 days of training and this morning I passed my c+e with 1 fault I took a shunt on the reverse but happy with that result :smiley:

Congratulations on the pass. 16 tests this week. 15 passes. That’ll do.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Well done.

Quick question… was it training Thursday and Friday with test the following Monday?

I have similar timescales starting in the morning you see lol

Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday with test Wednesday.

The number of days doesn’t actually matter. It’s important that sufficient training time is allocated over a number of days that suits you. eg we do the course above in 2 days on a regular basis. Just more hours each day. And we’ve never experienced problems with only one fail this year on the 2 day course. Speaks for itself though others will say it’s too much in a day.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Pete. Fingers crossed.

P.S avoid Birmingham/Stechford area first thing tomorrow lol

Ticktock66:
Was just much of the same for the last 2 days of training and this morning I passed my c+e with 1 fault I took a shunt on the reverse but happy with that result :smiley:

Better to take the shunt than balls it up.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk