P&H Advice ( North East )

Nerodio:

jonnyboat:

Nerodio:
Hey, I work at the fareham depot and from the sounds he’s not being entirely truthful. Yes the lorry is loaded when you get there, you goto the office, get your route and keys and off you trot. 9 - 10 hours is a dream, I’m usually working 12 to 15 hours a day, maybe different pay but I’m salaried to 28,875 a year working 4 days on and 3 days off a week, so 12 hour days minimum over 4 days is 48hours. Never got a choice about bank holidays, work them if its in my rota unless I choose to have it off as a holiday. no premium if you do work it.

If I had a choice, I’d stick with the pallets, you have to handball rollers into various stores, some of which are in stupid places that make it rather difficult. It’s very physical and If I could, I’d try and find somewhere else to work haha. Hell, I’m looking for another job because I hate it that much. But if you take it, good luck :smiley:

Out of interest why do you choose to work more than 12 hours per day?

If your route is not achievable in 12 hours then surely you bring the goods back. You’re restricted to a 48 hour week so you’ll be due some time off in lieu soon if you’re knocking out 15 hour days.

I am contracted to work a minimum of 12 hours, but they get funny if you start bringing stuff back. last time I did, they gave me an earful.
[/quote]

That’s a honest response. I was in a similar position when I first started. I use to think it was a failing on my part when I was out longer than routed or brought stock back. I’ve been doing the job over three years now and the only reward you get for doing a 14 hour day is a 15 hour one tomorrow.

If you must insist in staying out then keep a track of your driving ours as they should average out at 48. They’ll owe you some time off