Practical training/test and cpc mod 4 all booked

…for the week starting October 16th. In the mean time is there anything I can be doing now that will then help me? I’ve been watching a few YouTube videos on daily checks and the cpc mod 4 to get a better understanding of it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Try and get test level observations going when you are driving now, shoulder check right before moving off and mirrors when about to change speed or direction, then hopefully will be matter of course while you are training. Also leave suitable gap when stopping in traffic, as it’s easy to get closer than you should.

I also tried to make a point of spotting weight / height restrictions when in car for some practice.

You can push your rear view mirror in your car up to the ceiling, get used to using your wing mirrors only.

As for the CPC, to be honest its a joke. If you have revised your theory and have any common sense it is VERY easy.

Good luck!

njl:
Try and get test level observations going when you are driving now, shoulder check right before moving off and mirrors when about to change speed or direction, then hopefully will be matter of course while you are training. Also leave suitable gap when stopping in traffic, as it’s easy to get closer than you should.

I also tried to make a point of spotting weight / height restrictions when in car for some practice.

Thanks that is sensible advice.

The mirrors are a good point, gets you used to using the wing ones.

Best of luck :smiley:

Thanks

This is going to sound very silly, but, just be confident in yourself. If your instructor thinks you’re at the correct standard for the test, it is wise to believe him as he will have been in this situation (assessing drivers’ abilities before tests) many times. You can do it!

As for mod 4, it is rather simple and I’d push that out of your mind until you have your first test out of the way so you can focus.

A good tip for the driving test that really helped me with feeling confident is to try to spark up a conversation with the examiner - If I’m nervous I find that talking really helps me to settle down and that is what I did on my test; give it a try? :sunglasses:

Good luck IronEddie, see you on the roads shortly

jordon1703:
This is going to sound very silly, but, just be confident in yourself. If your instructor thinks you’re at the correct standard for the test, it is wise to believe him as he will have been in this situation (assessing drivers’ abilities before tests) many times. You can do it!

As for mod 4, it is rather simple and I’d push that out of your mind until you have your first test out of the way so you can focus.

A good tip for the driving test that really helped me with feeling confident is to try to spark up a conversation with the examiner - If I’m nervous I find that talking really helps me to settle down and that is what I did on my test; give it a try? :sunglasses:

Good luck IronEddie, see you on the roads shortly

Thanks that’s interesting idea about talking to the examiner. I remember my car test being done in silence.

Can’t totally push the mod 4 to one side, think I’m doing two days of driving, third day is mod 4 training and more driving, fourth day mod 4 test first then driving test. So very much all together.

Can’t wait though, already quite excited!