CPC Mod2

Evening all,
I am more then sure that this has popped up from time to time but id really appreciate any advice you guys can give me. my best mate (class 2 Driver) has recommended this forum group for me as i am currently under going revision for my CPC Mod2 for my class 2 which i have on Monday.
I have a CPC DVD rom which isnt bad, but i was wondering if there was any advice you guys would be able to give me? unfortunately the mock tests on it do no longer work for some unknown reason so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

forgive me if i seem naive or abit dim, as i am a young wannabe driver hoping to get my license soon and start my trucking career.

any advice, tips or things to look out or remember would really help me a lot as im now 3 days away and absolutely bricking it!!

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I presume you’ve studied for your multiple choice theory test? If so, you’ll find much of the information for that will also relate to your Mod 2 case studies.

The test is by means of questions on a scenario. So make sure you fully absorb the scenario before answering questions.

Hope this helps - and all the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:bulb: Try this = lgvtheory.co.uk/cpc-modules/mod … e-studies/ :bulb:

I found the case studies to mostly be the same knowledge as for the theory test just presented differently.

I read the DVSA guide to driving goods vehicles in addition to the theory test one. Found the guide to driving goods vehicles very useful and I recccomend it.

If you sailed through your theory test then you shouldn’t have a problem with case studies. Good luck.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

youtube.com/watch?v=KdqZHPIjDT0
E.P Training on Youtube really good videos, clear tips and advice on the whole subject and more. The DVLA LGV books are essential, so go through them as much as possible. A lot of it is repetitive, but things can catch you out. Make sure you flag questions if you’re unsure and go back if you have time as the option is there. Some of the questions are very similar, but worded differently so read carefully.

Best advice I can give from my recent Class 2 pass regarding the CPC module 4 is check with your Instructor on the day what Vehicle you will be using for the examination. I did lessons in an 18t Truck, but did CPC 4 on a 7.5t. Double check where the VGT7 Weight Ministry plate is for any Vehicle, and also if the Vehicle has First Aid and Fire Extinguisher on board.
Final thing, don’t forget to check the horn and wind screen washers on Daily Check questions! Lots of people slip up here.
Good luck mate! It’s pretty straight forward, just don’t let any nerves get in the way and make sure you OVER answer every question, you can never go into too much detail with the answers they’re looking for and when you’ve said enough they’ll tell you haha!

Hey there!

I’m a young trucker too! Definitely send me a PM as it would be great to talk to some people of my kind :wink:

For your CPC mod 2, I’d recommend drivingtheory4all and you pay for 60 days of training material - which is more than enough. This is all I used and it got me a first time pass.
In addition, for your CPC mod 4, I went with a reputable training company and they told me everything I needed to know. I would like to mention that the CPC mod 4 tests are extremely easy for most people and, from what I can tell, most examiners think they’re a waste of time as mine helped me out when I stumbled on my test haha!

Drop me a PM if you need any help.

~From a fellow youngster :slight_smile:

How young is young anyway? Feeling old here in my 30’s [emoji12]

I reckon 18 is considered young enough… lol

jordon1703:
I reckon 18 is considered young enough… lol

Oh jeez you’re a baby! [emoji33] at 18 I was riding motorbikes and drinking a lot of beer! Not together obviously.

Wish I’d had the idea to drive trucks at that age though.

Wow like wise feeling old in my 30s and I thought I was young

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk