Palmer and harvey vacancies

Hi all,

I passed my class 2 test two weeks ago and have already been offered a job with P and H in Fareham after a driving assessment and interview - to which I accepted.

I just wanted to let you guys know that they are taking on around 10 - 15 drivers asap as they have started a new Rota and need to fill positions.

Hope this is some use to some?

CJ

They won’t be around for long,they have to find £50M to pay off a debt to suppliers before end of sept.
google.co.uk/amp/www.telegr … -call/amp/

The guys in the interview mentioned this. But they said they have no worries about it or they wouldn’t be taking people on. Plus i believe they made 4.5 billion last year so should be ok. If not then i’m buggered haha

Also my start date is the 25th of Septemeber lol. So hopefully there be ok :open_mouth:

xichrisxi:
They won’t be around for long,they have to find £50M to pay off a debt to suppliers before end of sept.

Interesting reading. But if I was going after a job there I wouldnt worry too much. Outside investors may shake up things at the top, but whoever ends up in charge, folksll still crave their fix of the weed, and trucks will need drivers. I could be wrong of course, but I doubt the delivery end will be affected.

Franglais:

xichrisxi:

Interesting reading. But if I was going after a job there I wouldnt worry too much. Outside investors may shake up things at the top, but whoever ends up in charge, folksll still crave their fix of the weed, and trucks will need drivers. I could be wrong of course, but I doubt the delivery end will be affected.

Outside investors usually cut away the dead wood to gain back max profit, probably would mean selling off poor performing depots to low budget cash and carry outlets, in turn reducing the fleet, and possibly outsourcing a haulage contractor to run the fleet.

Cj-1989:
The guys in the interview mentioned this. But they said they have no worries about it or they wouldn’t be taking people on. Plus i believe they made 4.5 billion last year so should be ok. If not then i’m buggered haha

Hopefully they will stay afloat will affect 1000s of jobs if they don’t.
They turned over £2.5BN last year but only made £610,000 profit and pretty must their entire felt of trucks is at a point of needing replacing seems as though that’s putting off investors.
Think they bit off more than they could chew by taking over the Costcutter contract and it seems to be catching them up.

Cj-1989:

£4.5 billion…