Class C

Yesterday I passed my class 2 (C) on my first attempt and I am super chuffed. 8 minors which ain’t too bad but pass is a pass!

Deffo looking to do class 1 within the next year…

Was also wondering what truck satnavs do people recommend?

What sort of work do people usually go straight into right off the bat?

Any advice appreciated!

Well done on the pass…As for satnavs.Been done to death on here.Do a search.Depends how much you want to spend on one…As for jobs.Most seem to go into doing the multidrop food service jobs.Wich can be hard work.Likes of P&h,Bidvest,Brakes…Those kind of firms…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ll have a look around for a satnav.

Are those companies you listed decent to get experience and start working for? Is the money average?

The money in food delivery can be ok to above average, you may find firms paying different rates between branches depending on how hard they find it to recruit.

For what it’s worth brakes deliver the produce for my current job and our regular driver seems to enjoy his work.

I’ve hauled my fair share of cages and pallets off their wagons and it can be ball ache when you get the cage with a dodgy wheel.

Can totally understand it being a hard days work. I’ll definitely be applying to all the above mentioned food industry companies when I get my licence though.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Well done, usually the first gig will be multi drop courier service, home delivery or the like, you know 40-50 drops per day, the sort of thing experienced lads turn down. As for sat nav? Download copilot truck, 9 quid a month, much better than a standalone sat nav and use google maps for close work and you won’t go wrong. I haven’t used a standalone sat nav for years, I don’t think I would used one if given to me.

Brakes can pay 30k a year if they take you on themselves and not through an agency, if you live near Tamworth I know they are looking for staff, plus now the schools are back there will be more work.

Sat Nav wise I bought a £30 one off e-bay, works well, can put height, weight, width, length of truck in etc although today mine tried to send me down two seperate roads, one with a 13’ 0" bridge, the other with a 11’ 2" bridge even though I stated me truck was 13’ 6"! They were a tight squeeze I’ll tell ya (joking, i obviously found a way around)

:smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Everyone for the advice, going to shop around for a job and satnav :smiley: