Bridge Height

££

A serious mark for creep and peeking? As long as you didn’t pull straight out on the passing car then that’s just harsh.

ItsJoe:
A serious mark for creep and peeking? As long as you didn’t pull straight out on the passing car then that’s just harsh.

I did not pull out in front of him or block his path completely, however, I guess the judgement was, he adjusted his speed or position as a result of my actions?

Bad luck - I failed my first attempt by being a bag of nerves and making a screw up at some traffic lights, so know how you feel. Passed second attempt, mostly through having my head on straight and relaxing a bit more. As you say, the level of concentration needed for practical training and the test doesn’t come easily, but it is something you get used to.

I had 6 weeks between tests with no access to a truck, so I drove my car using the same mirror and all round observation techniques, practised looking much further ahead, planning where to meet stuff as if I needed the space and so on. It definitely helped me approach the next test in a better frame of mind.

Best of luck next time.

Howardplant:

ItsJoe:

I did not pull out in front of him or block his path completely, however, I guess the judgement was, he adjusted his speed or position as a result of my actions?

That’s so harsh. If you can’t see approaching traffic due to something blocking your line of sight then no matter if you’re in a car or an artic you’re taught to creep and peek. If your front end begins to stick out and cars have to slow down or change direction to avoid then so be it. I mean, what’s the alternative? Wait for hours until the van driver gets off? That’s just completely ridiculous.

Anyway, rant over. You’ll smash it next time.

That’s gutting. I failed my car test first time on something similar. Always felt slightly unfairly wronged by it. Don’t to this day know what could have been done differently.

Chalk it up as more practice and experience in an hgv and good luck for next time.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Totally agree.that’s so harsh as said if ya can’t see u edge out carefully till u can see , difference between real world driving and test conditions , if happens again just say im gonna edge out so can see past this idiot parking on a junction might make examiner think at least your being careful saying that the odds will be not be a problem next test you’ll pass next time
Jx