Recommendations for C training in SE England?

Hi, anyone got any personal recommendations for C/ CE training in SE England? Looking for one to one lessons only, not sharing with another student!
Im based mostly in london / essex border, so somewhere in reach of there ideally, altho dont mind a bit of travel for somewhere good.
Thanks in advance!

Have you checked out the link in my signature :question:

EP and FLAIR training comes to mind immediately

Sam Pereira:
Hi, anyone got any personal recommendations for C/ CE training in SE England? Looking for one to one lessons only, not sharing with another student!
Im based mostly in london / essex border, so somewhere in reach of there ideally, altho dont mind a bit of travel for somewhere good.
Thanks in advance!

i did my class 2 with ep training near leatherhead about 12 years ago, that was shared driving with another pupil through the day, i found i could learn from the other drivers errors as well as my own.

did my class 1 almost 2 years ago with lancing driver training and was solo with the instructor, i had the morning sessions 8-12 i think.

i could recommend both schools, and glad that i passed both tests first time round.
4 minor faults on the class 2, and 0 faults on class 1.

do homework on any school you are thinking of choosing, it’s a lot of money to be laying out if you’re not getting the correct schooling.

good luck in your training, appreciate that these may be a bit far away for you, but someone else may find the info helpful.

I would recommend Peter Smythe Transport Training. Maybe is a bit far from you but I’m sure it’s worth doing there. If you live more than 70 miles away then you should be able to get free accommodation. I’ve done cat D and C recently. I’m waiting for my CPC training and exams this week.
Next year I’m going to do C+E. I’d like to start sooner rather later but I can’t pay more this year and I can’t get enough time off to have training completed without days off at work.

Peter has good instructors. They have high standard and they want their trainers to achieve higher standard than expected. They also help you build your confidence in driving big vehicles. I thought it shouldn’t be difficult to drive lorry or bus and then I had some doubts as it was a bit harder than I expected. After while I enjoy driving and I know it’s timewise when I get experience.

It’s worth to add that at PSTT you have 1:1 tuition. All lessons are in 3.5 hours time slots 7:30am-11:00am, 11am-2:30pm, 2:30pm-6pm.
Exam included in the course price with dedicated, builded for purposes test centre.

Hello there,

I trained with Jcoates in Park Street (Near St Albans in herts). Lessons are conducted 1 to 1 starting from 7am or 11am depending on which course time you choose. The rigids are 8 years old but they are in the process of replacing them I believe. The artics they have in Park Street are almost brand new 66 plates though; very nice!

I passed first time with them and the instructors are quite chilled out. I would recommend them because they got me through first time and even offered free tuition after the DVSA rescheduled my test!

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!