Any tips on the fastest way to become a euro driver?

I’m 19 (20 in Jan), based in the west country, since the beginning of this month I’ve taken and passed all modules of the cpc (apart from 3 at the time of writing) I’m booked into do class 2 in October and then class 1 within a few weeks of that.
I just wanted to ask the best ways to become a euro driver? Or if evens possible that there might be companies that do euro work that take on new passes?

We do Euro work and have taken on 2,drivers age 24 and 23. They passed their tests in the army but limited experience.

First one we took on because we came across him doing some casual in someone else’s yard and he was a hard working pleasant bloke looking for full time. Second bloke was the first ones mate. So you could call it luck. However we double man and there would be no way I’d be letting them loose at that age on their own without a more experienced driver giving me some positive feedback.

If you look at a thread further down titled knocking on doors does work, that might be the way to go. In the meantime, get some experience on anything you can find, because unfortunately for you, experience is king when it comes to Euro work.

I’d say that it would be good for you to learn how to tramp “in English” before you start knocking on Euro work doors. Also, driving is ■■■■■■■ EXHAUSTING while you’re still getting comfortable with what you can get the lorry to do, loading/tipping, finding places to break or rest within your time etc etc.

Not saying going straight to Euro isn’t doable, just that I know I wouldn’t want the extra layers of slightly different road rules, different languages and unless you’re in a LHD wagon, you’re going to be blindsiding a lot… seems like too much to chew right away.

Waberers in Hungary have 18 year old artic drivers going all over Europe,Scandinavia and TIR countries.
But expect to be away for months, some only go home at Christmas .
You would have to fly out there for an interview, then buy your cab kit over there, if got the job.
The positives of European driving is free parking, better food, stunning scenery from snow covered mountains in the winter, with a clear blue sky .
Or driving in Switzerland and Austria with cows with bells on their collars.
Lorries are shown more respect, maybe a weekend on a sunny beach.

Nowt wrong with wanting to go Euro driving, but dont rush into it too fast. As already said get comfortable driving a big vehicle, get comfortable finding your way around, get to know about load distribution and security. Get comfortable being by yourself. There are mobile phones now, there are satnavs, there are many things making things easier in Euroland now than before, but Id still say take it steady. Don`t rush in too early and get overwhelmed.

There are more driving restrictions to contend with in Europe.
Truck bans on religious public holidays from All Saints day to Bastille day.
Some bans can be one day only to four days of being parked up, unable to.move .
For example, Easter, Thursday night park up, no driving until Tuesday morning of the next week .
For that one I was lucky to be in Aosta,Italy and got the cable car to the alps, at that time of year, there was still snow and skiing .
If in warmer areas, walk in to dive shop, show the PADI card and do.some scuba diving.
I took a mountain bike for days off.
On European work, never expect to be home for events booked in the UK and miss birthdays, and even funerals .
As said before, food in Europe is superior to lay by vans in the UK.
Waiting staff are immaculately dressed in traditional uniforms.
Tables with white linen cloth, up to six courses for a set priced, and all this in a truckstop or the Rouitiers .
Hotels have ample truck parking with menu de dia, or daily menu.
I used to stay in a hotel for a treat, with a hot bath in the winter or have air con in the room in the summer, at cheap price discounts for drivers .
Motorway food is top notch, beer and wine is allowed with the meal .
Big supermarkets also have good meals, with space to park the lorry .
Court deposits have to be paid at the roadside, the police take the vehicle documents and permits until the fine is paid.
You can keep the truck keys, they are not obliged to provide facilities and amenities, from where they stop you .
Serious tacho offences can cost 20,000 euros .
Customs can stop you anytime to ■■■■■■ you to a mobile x ray scanner lorry.
They will check the cab and go in the back of the trailer.
Sometimes they may take the truck to a facility , here they may take off the whole load with fork lifts to see what is hidden.
It is normal to drive 500 miles with an empty trailer to collect a load .

Marky D:
I’m 19 (20 in Jan), based in the west country, since the beginning of this month I’ve taken and passed all modules of the cpc (apart from 3 at the time of writing) I’m booked into do class 2 in October and then class 1 within a few weeks of that.
I just wanted to ask the best ways to become a euro driver? Or if evens possible that there might be companies that do euro work that take on new passes?

Get at least 6 months experience on the bendy ones in first then apply to S & K in Barry South Wales :wink:

Try the International removal companies. Many people overlook these companies and you will get around a lot more than you would on general haulage. You will have to graft but it will give you some time under your belt. Experience is king and right now, that is what you need to focus on getting.
If it is any comfort, I was your age when I first started driving abroad. It can be done but you have to go and find it. Good luck.

toby1234abc:
There are more driving restrictions to contend with in Europe.
Truck bans on religious public holidays from All Saints day to Bastille day.
Some bans can be one day only to four days of being parked up, unable to.move .
For example, Easter, Thursday night park up, no driving until Tuesday morning of the next week .
For that one I was lucky to be in Aosta,Italy and got the cable car to the alps, at that time of year, there was still snow and skiing .
If in warmer areas, walk in to dive shop, show the PADI card and do.some scuba diving.
I took a mountain bike for days off.
On European work, never expect to be home for events booked in the UK and miss birthdays, and even funerals .
As said before, food in Europe is superior to lay by vans in the UK.
Waiting staff are immaculately dressed in traditional uniforms.
Tables with white linen cloth, up to six courses for a set priced, and all this in a truckstop or the Rouitiers .
Hotels have ample truck parking with menu de dia, or daily menu.
I used to stay in a hotel for a treat, with a hot bath in the winter or have air con in the room in the summer, at cheap price discounts for drivers .
Motorway food is top notch, beer and wine is allowed with the meal .
Big supermarkets also have good meals, with space to park the lorry .
Court deposits have to be paid at the roadside, the police take the vehicle documents and permits until the fine is paid.
You can keep the truck keys, they are not obliged to provide facilities and amenities, from where they stop you .
Serious tacho offences can cost 20,000 euros .
Customs can stop you anytime to ■■■■■■ you to a mobile x ray scanner lorry.
They will check the cab and go in the back of the trailer.
Sometimes they may take the truck to a facility , here they may take off the whole load with fork lifts to see what is hidden.
It is normal to drive 500 miles with an empty trailer to collect a load .

Come on Toby, you forgot to tell him about the Mayor`s daughter!