Hgv & van driving

Hi guys just a quick one , now if i drive a vehicle in scope of eu regs on say monday and had to drive a van under 3.5 tonne later that day it then comes under other work for eu regs can i still do the max 15 hour shift or does it change to the 11 hour duty limit ? Just a bit confused

And the same if i drove in scope of eu all day monday then come tuesday drove van all day which is other work still . Would i be able to do the 13-15 hour shift?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=149036#p2355969

So as far as the what the rules says eu takes precedence over gb rules which driving the van the same day stil work up to 15 hours

Jasonp:
So as far as the what the rules says eu takes precedence over gb rules which driving the van the same day stil work up to 15 hours

Did you read the post by member tachograph in that link :question:

Just trying to get my head around it in simpler terms so it would be 11 hours max then

Jasonp:
Just trying to get my head around it in simpler terms so it would be 11 hours max then

Looks like from the quoted passages from GV262-03 but to me that is silly because we are saying that a driver cannot do 9 hours driving + 1.5 hours of breaks + 3.5 hours of other work under EU regs making a total of 14 hours but, providing they have a 10 hour driving day available, they cannot drive a van for the last hour but can drive a LGV … DAFT !

Just all seems to complicated these rules im great with the eu rules but when comes to mixing my head goes up in the air lol

Jasonp:
Just all seems to complicated these rules im great with the eu rules but when comes to mixing my head goes up in the air lol

If you use EU rules in any part of the week it all comes under EU rules if that makes sense