Weekly rest ferry interruption

Franglais:
24 hours isn’t easy on a Dover ferry, but is quite possible elsewhere. The old Bari and Brindisi ferries were not quick, and the Superfast out of Ancona covered a lot of distance in 24 hours. Bilbao and Santander are over 24 hrs.
Sicily / Genoa is another one. I’m sure others know more, so it’s not that rare I think.
On your first point…
Sounds more like a philosophical debating point than an interpretation of the rule book to me, mate.
Sorry! [emoji2]

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The longest ferries I have done are 18-20 hour mark and I like it if on passenger ship but a long freight only sailing is life wasted especially on poor seas with my delicate sea legs so Immingham is not even on my map.

Returning to point one however about commencing with a ferry movement once my weekly rest is complete.

I have read of a few clever guys here that go off to Thailand etc for 1-6 months which sounds fantastic.

Now lets say I started my weekly rest and I have returned 6 months later from Thailand.

I put in my card, enter resting until now and select a ferry interruption.

I do my daily inspection drive to port get on the ferry with the total interruption of rest is less that 1 hour.

Ferry docks in La France 6 hours later which is 8 hours after I put in my card.

I now start my normal day and 8 hours later I meet a control and you are the head controller.

You see I have 28 days cards, no exceeding of 144 hours duty between weekly rests.

You see I broke my rest 16 hours earlier with a ferry interruption of less than an hour and you have my ferry embarkment card and currently I am on duty 8 hours.

Surely you are a happy camper or do you see a problem?

I know for a fact if I had also been working yesterday there would be no problem but you guys are saying that is only because I interrupted a regular daily rest.

This time you guys are saying that although I was 6 months in Thailand, my holiday commenced with a weekly rest which I cannot interrupt with a ferry movement even 6 months later.

Now I’m not clever enough to be philosophical but I think there is no problem here.

So is the conversation to be " Probléme Chauffeur…Un café Monsieur■■?" or “Bonne Route”.

Thanks for engaging in the discussion because I use this type of scenario whenever I can and you guys have me going down the road a bit more nervous now that I used to be.