TRT and LGV medical?

Hey guys,

I’ve got my medical on Saturday morn.

I’m fairly confident my eyesight will be ok (definitely if corrected sight isn’t an issue). I’m also very physically fit. However, I’ve been on testosterone replacement for about a year now and wondered if anybody else knows anything about this?

I was prescribed it when I went to the doctor to complain of putting weight on and losing my energy/focus a bit. My doc tested my levels and said they were borderline low.

I’m now in better shape than most guys I know and have bloodwork done every three months which has the added benefit of checking my liver/iron/red blood cells etc, so I’m actually healthier than the large majority of the population and better placed to pick up any general health problems at an early stage.

I’m thinking that if diabetics can drive LGV then I surely shouldn’t have an issue but it still worries me a bit, mainly because of the poor understanding of this area in the UK (even from many doctors).

There are literally no side effects for me aside from increased energy/focus and slightly improved athleticism/ability to build muscle - benefits also experienced by the lucky few who have naturally high testosterone levels. I’d say it’s actually an advantage in many ways as I won’t be suffering from the middle aged spread many of my mates will when their hormone levels start to drop naturally. I feel more energetic in my mid thirties than I did in my mid twenties!

Cheers

Never heard of this being an issue. But you will need to let the medical examiner know. I suggest you take a copy of your prescription with you. All medication is noted on the form but this doesn’t automatically lead to problems. I, for one, am very pleased about that!!

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Pete!