PCV to LGV - question about CPC

Hi,

I’m new to the forum, sorry if I repeat the question. If I do please direct me to the older thread.

I’ve had my PCV license for a year now and that’s when I’ve done my CPC.

I’ve only just passed my LGV licence (class2) both theoretical and practical.

The question I’ve got is about my CPC: which modules do I have to do to be eligible to work as a lorry driver? Do I have to do any modules at all?

I called DVSA twice and got two different answers. I searched the net and I’m still not certain what is my next step.

thank you for any replies

Pass car test before or after 1997 :question:

Sorry different person but same question applies.
I passed my car test in 2002 and pcv in 2015 (cpc done then too)
Got my class two test this Friday and was unable to find out if I’d have to sit any cpc modules
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

I have upgraded my PCV licence to Class 2,the difference between PCV and trucks is slight . As long as you’ve attended 5 modules. The CPC modules on your PCV licence will be adequate. I don’t think VOSA are going to dissect the modules you have attended. I’ve had my PCV licence since 2000,and passed my Class 2 in 2008,and my modules I had were not questioned by the truck company,just as long as I have 35 hours on my licence

Grinch199:
Sorry different person but same question applies.
I passed my car test in 2002 and pcv in 2015 (cpc done then too)
Got my class two test this Friday and was unable to find out if I’d have to sit any cpc modules
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk

When you got your first 5 year DQC it was because you passed PCV initial module tests 2 + 4
To be able to drive LGVs commercially and have LGV added to a new DQC you need to pass LGV initial tests 2 + 4

When you have completed your first 35 hours of periodic attendance training in the next few years you will get another new DQC dated 5 years from the date of the LGV mod 4 test pass but be careful because you really need to complete the 35 hours before the PCV one runs out in 2020 so that bit does not temporarily disappear