Returning Expat looking to get License!

So to cut a long story short, myself and my family are looking to head back to the UK after 14 years away.

I am looking to move to the Merseyside area and was wondering what the best companies are to use to get a HGV license, also best area to be based to be local to get work?

Another thing is, i am fortunate to be financially ok for awhile, so am wondering what the best “extra” courses are to improve take home. ADR for example. I am probably right to assume if you have just passed Class 1 you wont just bounce into a ADR job if you have the qualification?

Also, i speak fluent italian and spanish, id imagine that would have no benefit to seeking employment on european routes eventually etc?

Did you pass car test in UK before 1997 :question:

ROG:

No ROG. what difference does that make?

jd308:

ROG:

No ROG. what difference does that make?

If you had then you could opt for either the two initial LGV driver CPC tests or the 35 hour periodic attendance training to get your first DQC but as you have no LGV C1 categories on your licence then you must do the two tests

This means you need to do -
D4 medical - max £60 or you have been ripped off
D2 provisional form
Modules -
1a theory
1b HPT
2 CPC theory
3 practical road drive/reverse for cat C
4 practical CPC
Then after passing that lot to get C+E you just need to do C+E module 3 practical

1a+1b must be passed before 3
2 must be passed before 4

Generally, a good idea to do mods 1a+1b+2 on the same day at the theory test centre and to do mod 4 during the mod 3 training to save the hiring of the the lorry again

Might wanna give EPL training up your way a miss, not good reviews on that particular trainer.

Cheers. Thanks lads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jd308:
Also, i speak fluent italian and spanish, id imagine that would have no benefit to seeking employment on european routes eventually etc?

Shame it wasn’t polish and Romanian, you would have had no problems :wink:

Haha. Ill have to learn them.