Cpc and refresher courses

Hi All,

Alex here, new to this site was looking for a little information if you could help. I passed my C+E back in 2002 when I joined the army and have not driven a lorry since. currently working as an electrician but looking at getting into the driving seat for a change of job. I have heard of this cpc but not really looked much into it. I was looking for some advice about how to get a cpc and possible refresher course just to brush up and get some confidents behind the wheel again. not sure what company’s are like taking on new drivers but only one way to find out.
thanks everyone look forward to talking to you all.
Alex.

I’d contact Peter Smythe - passed my CPC with them - Pete himself knows about almost everything lol :slight_smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have the choice between doing the initial DCPC mods 2 and 4 or doing 35 hours of periodic training.

• Mods 2 and 4 are tests that can be failes.
  • Periodic training does not have a test so cannot be failed.

The 35 hours periodic training can be done in 5 sessions of 7 hours each and can be classroom based but doesn’t have to be.

Only courses that are approved by JAUPT count towards the periodic training so be careful what courses you do :wink:

As you’re talking about doing a refresher course it may be possible to do a days HGV driver training and get 7 hours towards the DCPC periodic training.

If you post your rough location someone may know of a local driver training company who’s training days are approved by JAUPT, or someone may know of a local DCPC training company that doesn’t charge the earth :slight_smile:

In your position, I would choose the training very carefully. Prices vary for driver cpc and, as always, cheapest isn’t always best. You have a lot to learn to “get up to speed”.

But I see your predicament as you have no current contacts within the industry.

So I’ll make an offer that should interest you. Come and do a 7 hour refresher course to get your driving skills back and, hopefully, improved. I’ll give you 4 classroom sessions completely free of charge. TOTAL cost for the lot is the DVSA upload fees - £43.75.

All I ask in return is an honest critique on Trucknet.

That’s laying my training on the line for public criticism but I’ll risk it!

If you’d like to take advantage of this offer, pm me BEFORE you contact the office. I will then clear it with the office who will be happy to accept your booking.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

thank you all and thank you peter for your reply that’s very kind of you. I live in Lowestoft in Suffolk east coast not sure where you are based peter. not sure what all the abbreviations mean so will be looking them up soon. I passed my C and C+E in larkihill/Salisbury area when I was in the army. I though Salisbury was quite I tough places to drive as it was very busy. since then iv never really had to drive and lorry since. :slight_smile:

I’m at Sutton in Ashfield NG17 3FW. I can arrange accommodation for you - £160 for the week. It’s normally free (but that’s to folks who are paying for their training!).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Generally the best bet is to do driver cpc courses run by LGV training companies