Interview/meeting advice

I have managed to bag myself a kind of interview/meeting with the operations director of a distribution company on monday morning. This will be for class 2 work. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the following questions.

What should I wear?
Are there any questions I should ask him?
Are there any questions I should be expected to be asked?
Should I take all the necessary gear with me just in case?

Thanks for reading :smiley: :smiley:

Smart casual like Dark jeans, smart polo or shirt with casual shoes/boots.
Think about what you’d like to know. Hrs, how many drops/collections, pay etc
He’ll probably ask about your work history mainly, if your newly passed explain why you think you’ll be good for the job and your willingness to learn.
It does no harm to have your gear in the car, at least take a high viz and boots.
Good luck.

Research the company and remember some facts and figures to quote, this will show that you are interested in the job.
They may test you on the rules and regulations on tachograph and WTD hours .
I would pack a hiviz and work gloves in case you do a test drive, or they may ask you to carry out a pre trip safety check on the truck, then a test drive around the block .
Personal hygiene, fresh breath, shaved, a little bit of aftershave, nose hair plucked and ear hairs too. Deodourant is a must .
Be over confident, talk clearly.A firm handshake , not a limp wristed handshake .

Some excellent advice above. The only thing I would add is to ensure you have licence, cpc card etc with you. And, if you get to drive the truck, a walk round check before you move.

I spend some time carrying out pre-employment assessments and anyone failing to do a walk round check goes no further. It’s essential. And, if they tell you it’s all been checked, walk quickly around the truck taking note of the obvious (tyres, bodywork).

Make sure you know where the controls are before setting off and don’t be afraid to ask if you cant figure it out straight away. They know you’re new so your experience is, by definition, limited.

Drive carefully and don’t be under pressure to rush into hazards/junctions. But get on with it once the road is clear. Messing around at that point is a no no. But care, plenty of mirrors and planning into hazards etc will score high.

There’s loads more but you’ve got enough to think about there.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you for all the feedback. I went this morning and I feel really positive about it. I didn’t have an assessment drive. It was more of just a chat. Seems like a really good company. They have a vacancy for class 2 so I have filled in an application form. Just have to see how it goes. Wish me luck :smiley: :smiley: