Obtaining E

Hi folks,

Im in the North of Ireland and passed my Cat C two weeks ago. Im going for my C+E ASAP but the guy who is highly recommended in my area uses a drag system instead of the arcticulated. This puts me off abit as Id rather learn the important coupling process etc and driving / reversing an arcticulated as thats what I plan on doing for work. Can anyone tell me if its a bad idea to do the test using the drag? Ive heard its easier to pass but to be fair its not about that for me, Id rather have the harder option which would pay dividends in future. I could always go with someone else but they are more expensive and give less training time. I have a mate who drives arctic and said he can train me in the basics of the lorry if I go out on his runs, albeit a pain as hes working nights.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

Many pass in W&D then do a little more training for artic

My advice is to stick with the trainer you know. He’s done a good job once and he’ll probably do it again. You may well even use the same vehicle, just with the trailer added. You have the perfect opportunity to move on to artic with your mate. Yes, there is stuff to learn but it’s not rocket science. We do a comprehensive conversion course in 3 hours, so a shift with him should get it sorted with a bit of luck.

Save yourself some money and stay where you’re comfortable. (Unless, of course, you fancy a residential course with me on a “grown up” artic!)

Pete :laughing: :laughing: