Good day

Another good day today. 4 tests, 4 passes, 2 clean sheets.

That’ll do for me!

Congratulations to the candidates and the instructors.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Looking forward to my test and seeing you - only 3weeks to go :slight_smile:
Quick question though Pete - would the examiner have a problem if I was talking to myself in the exam (I’m not going loopy lol) - as I failed to due crap forward planning- I find it easier to talk through what’s happening on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abzyyy:
Quick question though Pete - would the examiner have a problem if I was talking to myself in the exam (I’m not going loopy lol) - as I failed to due crap forward planning- I find it easier to talk through what’s happening on the road.

Examiners absolutely love it when the driver is talking their way through the test drive because it allows them to ‘get inside the drivers head’ instead of having to assume what their thinking processes are

Thanks ROG - hopefully I get to see the fireworks from you when I pass - failed at the traffic light - it changed to red and I didn’t realised till it was too late - slammed the breaks - examiner put it down to being a serious :confused: :cry:

abzyyy:
Thanks ROG - hopefully I get to see the fireworks from you when I pass - failed at the traffic light - it changed to red and I didn’t realised till it was too late - slammed the breaks - examiner put it down to being a serious :confused: :cry:

Trying to put the examiner through the windscreen is not a good idea :exclamation: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing:

Lol

As ROG said, no problem at all. It’s something I sometimes encourage folks to do as it seems to aid the thinking and planning process. A perfect example is your traffic lights. On the approach to green lights, checking mirrors and covering brake, say “if they change I can stop, if they change I can stop” and then - at the appropriate time “if they change now, I’m going”. At the same time, floor the throttle. If the lights change to amber, the quicker you’re across the junction the safer it will be. And you wont be following a vehicle close enough to be an issue. This method is absolutely bombproof and one I’ve used for the last 40+ years of teaching.

I hope you enjoy great success on your course and wish you all the best with it.

Keep on talking!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
At the same time, floor the throttle.

One of the rare times you’ll hear a respected instructor use those words! [emoji23]

I was struggling with the gears when I did my cat C so I used to talk myself through. Along the lines of I’m in 4th so flick switch, over to 5th.

Did it on the test to, still picked a minor for a missed change though. Forgot to put it back to low when I did the stop and go.

As for Peter’s lights method I was taught that on my car training and still use it to this day.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Well done Peter I admire how you care about your success which you know I equally share with you, I’m on a crazy roll at the moment and not had a fail since May which is 15 first time passes in a row. For those who don’t no about me I admit only a small training provider in Yorkshire and not on the scale as Peters empire.

It’s unfortunate that some training providers are quietly willing pupils to fail so they can generate more revenue from their trainees.

It can be said we are a victim of our own success at times but Iam a firm believer of a good pass rate which will speak volumes for it’s self in the long run!!

Regards

Paul

abzyyy:

talked my way all through my cat c. Examiner gave up checking half way round and just placed his pen in his clipboard, I thought I’d failed. When I got back to test centre at Swindon and he said I passed. I mentioned it, he said he that at that point that unless I had randomly screwed up properly he had known exactly what I was going to do before I did it.