Driver jobs with license training

Hello.

I’m in Lancashire area. Can you tell me are there any companies around that offer driver jobs with a license training ? I do realise that they usually tie you in a 2 year loyalty contract, but I am willing to put up with as it’s always 2 years of experience. I keep googling but can’t seem to have any luck. I know that TNT used to that, but not sure if they still do it. Some driver that come around our place mentioned that they had their license done by them. Any other places you might know ?

Thanks

If you are struggling to finance training then have you considered a new credit card with 2 years 0% finance :bulb: :question:

Fagan and whalley do

Google “Apprenticeships”

Some of the larger firms (at least one anyway) have started offering a number of Government approved “Apprenticeships” which will give you a reduced wage but include paying for both class 1 and 2 training. As far as I am aware as it is a genuine government approved apprenticeship, not just the companies own training scheme, you are not tied in by any loyalty clauses either.

ROG:
If you are struggling to finance training then have you considered a new credit card with 2 years 0% finance :bulb: :question:

it’s not really about struggling, more of a foot in the industry and getting that precious 2 years of experience.

joeyd:
Google “Apprenticeships”

Some of the larger firms (at least one anyway) have started offering a number of Government approved “Apprenticeships” which will give you a reduced wage but include paying for both class 1 and 2 training. As far as I am aware as it is a genuine government approved apprenticeship, not just the companies own training scheme, you are not tied in by any loyalty clauses either.

I’m 32 mate, bit old for an apprenticeship :slight_smile:

its not just for teens etc, the bloke my brother knows is in his 30’s

You might want to look at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=141811&start=180#p2348720

Scroll down to the New Trucks Arrive Soon thread.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I think the OP is looking to avoid the outlay of training costs rather than buying a £150 lottery ticket

Jimmy McNulty:
I think the OP is looking to avoid the outlay of training costs rather than buying a £150 lottery ticket

well yes, something like that :wink: already spoke with Peter about training and if needs be, I will probably go with them, but just trying something different in the meantime. I am mainly interested in getting them 2 years exp, so after the loyalty contract expires - it would be a lot easier to find something else or just stay if the place is decent enough.