Out of hours

I have ran out of hours… and was wondering is it ok to park on double yellow on an industrial estate?

No.

What else can i do then?

Move it to somewhere else where you can (legally) park up, take a printout and write on it your reasons for going over (unexpected delay, closest suitable stopping point, Yada, Yada)

You must stop at the first SAFE AND LEGAL place

If that means going over hours then write explanation on printout (2 copies)

Job is a gud un as i have now moved to a layby but have done print out as i went over 30 min. Cheers guys. I hate torquay now sleeping on A38 buzzin nights kip.

Oconn87:
Job is a gud un as i have now moved to a layby but have done print out as i went over 30 min. Cheers guys. I hate torquay now sleeping on A38 buzzin nights kip.

Tell me your not in a layby right on the edge of the 38 please !!

I was… but you make me wonder now? It wasnt the best nights kip by a long shot but… hey ho. I am new to the world of trucking so i need to start finding places to sleep properly and within hours.

You know theres a signposted truck park in middle of torquay.

Oconn87:
I was… but you make me wonder now? It wasnt the best nights kip by a long shot but… hey ho. I am new to the world of trucking so i need to start finding places to sleep properly and within hours.

It’s just that I consider those lay-bys with no curb separation very dangerous and personally myself I’d only use them for a 15 min break and nothing else but it sounds like you were desperate.

Oconn87:

If your looking for parking you should start looking 1 hour before your times up.
Even if you know where you think your going to park you still want to have 30 mins just in case it’s full and you have to look elsewhere.

Hgvparking.com I have found very useful

Thanks for all the advice. I will take it all on board. Had a better nights sleep last night as i stayed at birch as i am aware its not that secure but needs must when the 60 is ■■■. Not only that i found out later yesterday some ■■■■■■ had reversed into my unit when i wasnt with it. Bumper cracked n/s windscreen sill hanging off, n/s air deflector off, and n/s door out of alignment. Told the gaffer and he wasnt pleased!

The latter is why I now have a dashcam running even when not driving, although only works on some units. At least if they anywhere near the front, they get caught on cam and prove it wasn’t your driving…except if it was, then “cam wasnt on”. :slight_smile:

Hope boss is alright in the end.

jbaz73:
Hgvparking.com I have found very useful

I’ll second that, theres even an app you can download too.