Assessment interview

Hi all, managed to bag myself an assessment interview tomorrow to make sure I’m not a complete idiot I presume, my question is what should I wear? If it was just an interview I would wear a shirt and trousers but with it being an assessment too I was thinking more along the lines of smart polo, jeans and trainers/steel capped boots but I’m not too sure

What say ye oh wise mother truckers? (it’s class 2 if that makes a difference)

Clean, appropriate (for the job) work clothes would be my suggestion. Definitely safety shoes and have a hi-viz with you.

Clean comfortable workwear take pen black ink tachograph card CPC card licence if you got one passport, boots hi viz and gloves .

^^ yep, smart but the sort of clothes you would wear for clean prestige work, clean boots, clean hiviz in your bag, clean coat cos it’ll probably still be raining :unamused:

Remember to take all your cards, and have written down any dates and names from your CV (copy of CV with you wouldn’t go amiss) so if they cross examine you about something on your CV/application you’ve got the approx dates to hand.
Think now while no pressure who you will offer as referee(s) if they want names.

Best of luck with it.

Oh it won’t hurt if you do a print out from here either

gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours

What does an assessment interview usually entail in the hgv world? Questions on drivers regs and such and a practical driving assessment?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

sedinsbeard:
Hi all, managed to bag myself an assessment interview tomorrow to make sure I’m not a complete idiot I presume, my question is what should I wear? If it was just an interview I would wear a shirt and trousers but with it being an assessment too I was thinking more along the lines of smart polo, jeans and trainers/steel capped boots but I’m not too sure

What say ye oh wise mother truckers? (it’s class 2 if that makes a difference)

And if it’s a small family firm or just a small yard give the car a good wash as when the boss is looking out the window he’ll be thinking “he’ll take care of my wagon”.