Put up and shut up?

Hi guys,
I’m 3 months into my first driving job- just had probation extended for 8 weeks- if I’m being honest this job (current job not driving) isn’t for me
With such little experience am I best keeping my head down and getting on with it and being unhappy to get the much desired 2 years experience or see what else is out there?
I don’t want to be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire working for another company who will take on drivers with limited experience!
I would ideally like to work for a furniture delivery company or a removals firm ( I have cat c license)- would this be realistic?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is quite realistic. Removal companies can be a little less stringent on the experience requirement. I don’t believe you should be miserable at work - so do something about it! Maybe start by calling in on removal companies within 15 miles of home. Don’t email or phone. Go in person.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Happiness is more important than money, and if you’re living a miserable life doing a job you hate then it is better to look for something else. However, I suggest you line something else up first, then jump. You should always be running towards something, never run away from anything.

If you can’t find anything better, you might just have to grind out the two years and then opportunities should open up significantly.

I definitely wouldn’t move without a job (life wouldn’t be worth living at home lol)
I will be sure to call in at a few removal companies and see what they say! Let’s hope something comes up soon!!

Good luck mate, keep searching for another job. So much of our lives are spent at work, I feel like it’s essential to be happy at work!

Got offered a job today for a removals firm! Thanks for the advice guys!

I did a bit of removal work on agency when I passed c. Was enjoyable but long days and a lot of waiting around and packing up and the like. Was a nice pleasant job, you don’t have the solitude that you do in most jobs. It was nice seeing the country and even a couple of times to France and Belgium. I was the driver on a team of 3, so there was always someone with me to leer at the nice ladies in the motorway traffic jams. Enjoy it mate, it’s a good job so long as you’re not working for a slave driver.

Out of interest where were you working before? Or if you don’t want to name the company, what sort of work was it?

It is a confidential waste shredding company
More labour than driving
Too many jobs in the day- stupid routes and bad management

It’s not by any chance green plan-it is it? They always seem to be looking for drivers, they found my cv on indeed and have been pestering me at least 2 or 3 times a week to drive a ■■■■■■ van for them.

No shred it

Laujac… where is it that you live? I only ask because i done removals for the last 10 years for a great company in widnes. Roy Jacks removals. I only left because i got my c+e in november otherwise i would still be there…its hard graft tho definatley not to be taken lightly … any removal firm will tell you its a hard game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk