New Driver

Well boys n girls after time and my own money i have now manage to secure a drive in class c+e with a new MAN unit running containers from the docks, i am hoping this will be a good starting place to cut my teeth as i am 50yrs old and been only driving smaller lorry’s and been only able to to afford the bloody expensive process in attaining my HGV so if you see me struggling with stuff any advice would be taken on board as i really don’t know everything and don’t pretend to…

Good stuff! Just take your time and try to enjoy yourself!

Never be afraid to ask! If the other driver is off with you , well he’s just a ■■■■■■ having a bad day.

Good for you Pawuk. I passed C+E in June at 50 but not decided if I really want to go driving just yet. All the best bud.

albion:
Never be afraid to ask! If the other driver is off with you , well he’s just a ■■■■■■ having a bad day.

Very good advice! I do a lot of asking.

Also, if you’re not sure about something, don’t do it until you’ve figured it out! Stopping close to a drop and walking in has saved me from cocking up a few times… I learned the lesson early on by driving into a yard that you have to reverse into, then struggling to get it backwards out onto the road. :blush: :blush:

I know this is blindingly obvious, but the job is really tiring to begin with. Use every opportunity you can to get your head down!

Many thanks guys now I am just giving entertainment to the lads at the docks every time I show up with my reversing skills and missing booking numbers lol …