License has arrived

After 15 long days my new Class 2 License has finally arrived :smiley:

I’ve applied for a ■■■■ ton of jobs, permanent, temporary, weekend, weekdays, nights, you name it, I applied (I will literally do any job to get out of catering)

Now we wait…

I’m also waiting for my DIGI card to be delivered which I sent off for 10 days ago, but with me having to give 1 weeks notice at work it should be here soon, right?

sedinsbeard:
I’ve applied for a [zb] ton of jobs, permanent, temporary, weekend, weekdays, nights, you name it, I applied

If you mean that you just sent off CVs then don’t hold your breath

If you mean you handed CVs to TMs and had a chat then you have a good chance

all done online, mostly through agencies

sedinsbeard:

There are other threads about newbies trying to get their foot in the door, most say to go in person to companies, hand in a nice clean CV to the man/woman behind the desk. E-mails are too easily ignored, ditto letters. Go along neatly turned out, but not in your Sunday best. Try to avoid going in at busy times (some places are always busy!) avoid going in just after start times, or just before closing times, and lunch times. Get your face seen, without being a pain in the ■■■. Easier said than done. good luck.

sedinsbeard:

Expect no replies - my opinion based on what has been posted in the recent past

OR you might get loads of agencies wanting to sign you up just so they can get their bonuses for doing so BUT still no work offered

GET OUT THERE - go to companies early doors with CVs + boot loaded with work gear especially on a monday morning

Try family run businesses too, they tend to be more flexible.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Easier said than done in getting out there, the places I’m applying for are all 20+ miles away in different directions (I live in the middle of nowhere) that’s if you exclude the fact I’m working full time (60+) hours a week in the catering industry, hopefully I get lucky otherwise I’m still in a job I hate until October when I can next take time off work :cry:

I’m in catering to! So totally understand your pain. Got my theory tests booked for the end of the month. Good luck with the job hunting.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Just a follow up on this, I’ve had 4 calls to arrange interviews, 2 were only temporary so I turned them down because I can’t take that risk, but I have 2 interviews for full time salary jobs lined up so I’m either really lucky or just live in an area where there are plenty of places willing to accept newbies

Got myself a job sorted, full time and permanent (provided I pass the 10 week induction period) a lot of handball is involved but I was expecting that anyway, plus it will keep me fit :unamused:

Just happy to get my foot in the door to get that much needed and lauded “EXPERIENCE”

Congrats and good luck in your career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk