Hermes and tesco

I have been trying to get on that ladder to get that desired 2years experience everyone wants so badly. So i signed up to a few agencys 1 of which actually seem to want to give me work (obviously as it suits them atm) problem is i have a few months left of my fulltime job at the minuite before i can go fulltime into driving.
The agency have been offering me shifts with tesco but they always conflict with my current job. So they offered me shifts with hermes now which would be perfect in regards to shift times…i have read through a lot of info on here to do with both hermes and tescobut it all seems like its from over a year ago.
So my question is if any1 does class2 work with them and if so what does a typical shift involve? And how long is a typical shift with hermes?

Thanks

For a class 2 job I say Hermes is easy, Depends what shift you be getting But days are basically collecting empty mags and collars and returns what overnight left in the depots and envolved collections from different clients. Nights are straight forward Load pallets and mags in the Hermes and drop load in to different places you open up yourself and lock it yourself.
If you got Class 1 then it’s more easy back it on the bay and relax and chill out.

Shifts evolves around 8 to 9 hours which consists of 2 to 3 hours driving and the rest is Graft pretty easy once you get to know your route.

I am about to get a dose of herpes, I’ve got a class 1 assessment with them tomorrow morning.

crazyplay:
For a class 2 job I say Hermes is easy, Depends what shift you be getting But days are basically collecting empty mags and collars and returns what overnight left in the depots and envolved collections from different clients. Nights are straight forward Load pallets and mags in the Hermes and drop load in to different places you open up yourself and lock it yourself.
If you got Class 1 then it’s more easy back it on the bay and relax and chill out.

Shifts evolves around 8 to 9 hours which consists of 2 to 3 hours driving and the rest is Graft pretty easy once you get to know your route.

Is that out of the Burtonwood depot?
Thanks for the reply very helpfull…i have an induction tomorrow night with them so hopefully goes well, im not afraid of a bit of graft so cant see there being any problems really.

My question is which agency are going through for the Hermes job if it is not mirage Hr as they are the main agency which run the transport side of the class 2 out of burtonwood then you are going to get ripped off Mirgae HR where paying £11.92 on nights when I was their but I was only getting £9.5 through kpi recruitment the agency I was working for.

Funny enough class2 hermers out of burtonwood was my first class 2 job the night conisits of turning up and going to the office in the centre of the warehouse and collecting paper work and they tell you which round you are on and give you the keys to unlock the sub depots then you go do checks on the wagon then load the wagon with pallets with parcels onto the wagon with a pallet truck once full put the pallet truck in the back as well and strap across the back holding the pallet truck and pallets in place close up drive to the exit gate tell security your seal number and where your going. Drive to the sub depot either stretch from Brombrough across to Manchester stockport area. get to the sub depot unlock it raise the shutter door. get the tail lift out on the wagon and get the pallet truck and start unloading the pallets into the sub depot once done lock the sub depot up either go to the next sub depot or return to burtonwood and do 1 to 2 runs to the same sub depots then have an hours break before the morning run back to the same sub depots where the sub depot managers should be their sorting the parcels out for the couriers deliver the pallets and collect some pallets and collars if asked by the manager run back to burtonwood night done.

I would also mention nearer Christmas they move the class 2 wagons to a temporary depot on the Knowsley Business park.

Sounds like i might be getting ripped off then as i was told its £10 p/h on paye. But tbh for the next few weeks i will deal with it as im doing class1 test in a months time.

Very informative response much appreciated. Sounds fairly straight forward…start at 2200 finish at what 0600/0700?

Yeah Burtonwood depot. Hmmm start off 22:00 you will probably finish off by 8 half 8 or 9am. Goodluck, I personally think the job is very easy once you get to know the Runs. Who are you going Class 1 with.

Careful with Hermes if your paid thro Igloo stories from Hermes tamworth they weren’t paying drivers paying drivers someone else’s wages,making you come in on your day off to make up your hours for nowt if you weren’t planned enough.
Do Travis Perkins next door do class 2 brakes do might be worth a look if you don’t mind manual stuff.

How is it going with hermes?

Hermes themselves are ok i dont mind the work its easy but this agency malarky isnt for me. Im about to write why in a new thread.