Acquired Rights and CPC modules 2 and 4

Hi truckers,

I have booked my theory and hazard perception for 3 weeks from now but I can’t book my Module 2 Case studies. My friend at work said this might have something to do with me having acquired rights as I passed car license pre 97.

Anyone know any more info regarding the acquired rights vs CPC MOD 2 situation?

Cheers. :smiley:

If you have acquired rights, you should have either, mod 2&4 OR 35 hours training to get your CPC.
I see no reason, why you could not book mod 2.

hi Runner

i’ve just been where you are now

what i did is pass my theory, hazard and then take the test itself - passed that and then do the 35 hours of cpc training

i didnt need to take the mod 2 or 4

littlejay:
If you have acquired rights, you should have either, mod 2&4 OR 35 hours training to get your CPC.
I see no reason, why you could not book mod 2.

I entered all my details the same way as when booking my theory and Hazard perception but it didn’t come up as an option.
Strange.

GO FOR THE 35 HOURS ATTENDANCE

Book training with a school that has the practical LGV training dcpc approved so you can get some of the 35 hours out of the way

See the forum sponsor site for details of such

Mani:
hi Runner

what i did is pass my theory, hazard and then take the test itself - passed that and then do the 35 hours of cpc training

Oh that sounds like a better option. Do I have to take the 35 hrs in one block or can I break it up?

RUNNERDAVE1976:

Mani:
hi Runner

Oh that sounds like a better option. Do I have to take the 35 hrs in one block or can I break it up?

You can do it in 7 hours blocks

But correct me if I’m wrong - he would have to do all 35 hours before he gets a cpc card allowing him to work?

ROG:
GO FOR THE 35 HOURS ATTENDANCE

Book training with a school that has the practical LGV training dcpc approved so you can get some of the 35 hours out of the way

See the forum sponsor site for details of such

Thank you that is brilliant advice

Yes, the whole 35 hours has to be completed to generate the card. With us, you’ll get 14 hours from CAT C, a further 14 hours from CE and a recommendation to attend our tacho and drivers’ hours cpc course which will then give 7 hours totalling 35 hours. So it’s all done, dusted with no time spent on learning stuff that may not be of immediate interest.

On top of that, booking with us this month gives 10% discount, free accommodation if more than 70 miles away AND a £250 credit towards further training. So it’s obvious the way forward is to use the credit for CE. But the offer does expire end of July so a deposit of £150 needs to be paid to secure the deal.

For everyone’s information, there is NO OFFER IN AUGUST this year apart from the ongoing Trucknet 10% discount and free accommodation.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Yes, the whole 35 hours has to be completed to generate the card. With us, you’ll get 14 hours from CAT C, a further 14 hours from CE and a recommendation to attend our tacho and drivers’ hours cpc course which will then give 7 hours totalling 35 hours. So it’s all done, dusted with no time spent on learning stuff that may not be of immediate interest.

On top of that, booking with us this month gives 10% discount, free accommodation if more than 70 miles away AND a £250 credit towards further training. So it’s obvious the way forward is to use the credit for CE. But the offer does expire end of July so a deposit of £150 needs to be paid to secure the deal.

For everyone’s information, there is NO OFFER IN AUGUST this year apart from the ongoing Trucknet 10% discount and free accommodation.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Many thanks Pete. That’s a great deal and great advice.