Iceland HD to class1

Im new to the site ive been scoping round it for a while now so heres my story.

Im currently in resettlement with the army so i applied for a job driving a van for iceland doing home deliveries…i applied for it just to see how difficult it was to get a job on civvie street, turns out its easy enough. So ive been doing it a few weeks now and always see the Iceland lorrys in doing deliveries.
I spoke with 1 of the drivers today who said he does agency work for iceland but that he knows a few drivers working directly for the company…it all seemed good feedback.

So i have a few questions.
Has any1 on here ever driven for them via agency or work directly for the company?if yes whats your opinion?
Is it possible already being an employee to transfer from home delivery driver to working from their Depot as a class 1?(more for HR department i know)
Whats their rates like also?

I did 3 weeks limping for them a couple of years back. Can’t really form an opinion based on that. No better or worse than anywhere else really.

Warrington depot has a mooseive great sign out the front, with all the pay rates on, drivers wanted.

All I can say is canteens not bad, about 1hrs to get tipped, that’s frozen, don’t know about chill.

biggriffin:
Warrington depot has a mooseive great sign out the front, with all the pay rates on, drivers wanted.

All I can say is canteens not bad, about 1hrs to get tipped, that’s frozen, don’t know about chill.

Excuse my ignorance but is that iceland advertising there or is that 3rd parties advertising pay rates?
Any idea what they are as i cant find anything online? And i live too far from warrington to just drive there to look at a sign.
Cheers

Bost:

biggriffin:

Excuse my ignorance but is that iceland advertising there or is that 3rd parties advertising pay rates?
Any idea what they are as i cant find anything online? And i live too far from warrington to just drive there to look at a sign.
Cheers

That’s. On the fence, I think xpo, or Dhl are the transport providers its direct, not agency.

It’s direct thro XPO,just done the opposite from class 1 to HD,when I drop the van back to work tomorrow will ask the driver if he is still there.

Daytrunker:
It’s direct thro XPO,just done the opposite from class 1 to HD,when I drop the van back to work tomorrow will ask the driver if he is still there.

Thats a big down size pal. How you finding it compared to the class 1?

Bost:

Daytrunker:

Thats a big down size pal. How you finding it compared to the class 1?

It is a step down but done trucks for close to 17 years so was time for a change for now,start at midday done by 9pm,the biggest difference is when you get to a house people are actually pleased to see you,as you know doing HD,which is something that hardly happens doing class 1.only reason I’m at home with the van is the last delivery of the day was my house,wife came to work with me did the shopping and I made it last delivery.

Daytrunker:
It is a step down but done trucks for close to 17 years so was time for a change for now,start at midday done by 9pm,the biggest difference is when you get to a house people are actually pleased to see you,as you know doing HD,which is something that hardly happens doing class 1.only reason I’m at home with the van is the last delivery of the day was my house,wife came to work with me did the shopping and I made it last delivery.

I find it very handy but a bit annoying constantly in and out of the van every 5minuites. Just not enough hours or variety for me but the tips are decent and its very easy work.

Where abouts are you?? Few of them rolling out there depot in Enfield quite often

SouthEastCashew:
Where abouts are you?? Few of them rolling out there depot in Enfield quite often

In the northwest mate…by liverpool

Bost:

SouthEastCashew:

In the northwest mate…by liverpool

I worked at Warrington for a few months driving Class 1 Mon-Fri.
Please see attached image for further details…

Turd.png

Haha well have you got any recommendations or advice wheres best to look or work out of?

Bost:
Haha well have you got any recommendations or advice wheres best to look or work out of?

Maritime, Wincanton & Abbey logistics all up your neck of the woods I’m sure they have advertise now and then… best of luck whatever :'-)

If you down the M62 at burtonwood there’s Asda and Travis Perkins,Sephton transport in Liverpool,
McBurneys in bootle,
Denholms in India dock Liverpool
Freight liner dock road liverpool
Maritime,abbey logistics and surefrieght,goldstar aswell.
Bibbys in Ellesmere Port.

Not sure what they are like to work for just what I have seen being out and about.