Hours compensation clarification

Hi all, I’ve managed to literally bamboozle myself. After looking at so many numbers I’m now just need some advice on how many hours I need to compensate. Normally I can work this out fine but my mind’s playing tricks on me at the moment!
Friday 16th 30.5hrs off
Sunday 18th 29hrs off
Saturday 24th 60.75hrs off
Sunday 2nd 24hrs off
Monday 3rd 45hrs off
Monday 10th 24hrs off
Wednesday 12th 24.5 hours off

Everything before this was compensated. Anyone save me a headache? Cheers!

Without knowing if you had another weekly rest period for the week starting on Monday 12 June It’s hard to say for certain, but from the information given it looks like you may have 21 hours to pay back for the week starting on the 26th June.

You may also have to compensate for one of this weeks reduced weekly rest periods unless you’re planning to start a regular 45 hour weekly rest period before the end of the week.

But like I say it’s not possible to give a definite answer from the information given.

Thanks for the reply. I did not have another weekly rest period before the start of the sequence in WC 12/6. So I’m looking at 2 blocks of 21 hours to pay back assuming I don’t start another rest period this week?

Thanks

Can I ask about weekly rest? If I did 40hrs OW mon Friday then tacho drive satd 245am finishing 1130am incl OW, I worked out a 45.5 hr weekly rest as I didn’t start work till 9am Monday? Is that correct or is it not classed as a full rest because it goes Sunday into Monday? Therefore reduced rest?
Thanks

spacemanZ10:
Can I ask about weekly rest? If I did 40hrs OW mon Friday then tacho drive satd 245am finishing 1130am incl OW, I worked out a 45.5 hr weekly rest as I didn’t start work till 9am Monday? Is that correct or is it not classed as a full rest because it goes Sunday into Monday? Therefore reduced rest?
Thanks

Forget DAYS - never use that word when dealing with the regs
Regs go by hours

elniniol999:
Thanks for the reply. I did not have another weekly rest period before the start of the sequence in WC 12/6. So I’m looking at 2 blocks of 21 hours to pay back assuming I don’t start another rest period this week?

Yes it looks that way.

spacemanZ10:

Yes that would be a regular weekly rest period of 45.5 hours.

A weekly rest period can cross over 2 weeks (crosses over Sunday midnight), and when it does it can be used for either week but not both weeks.

ROG:
Regs go by hours

Unless my eyes are deceiving me he hasn’t mentioned days :confused:

tachograph:
Unless my eyes are deceiving me he hasn’t mentioned days

spacemanZ10:
or is it not classed as a full rest because it goes Sunday into Monday

Hmmm…

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:
Regs go by hours

Unless my eyes are deceiving me he hasn’t mentioned days

spacemanZ10:
or is it not classed as a full rest because it goes Sunday into Monday

Hmmm…

If you’re saying Monday and Sunday don’t come into the regulations because the regulations work only on hours it’s nonsense.

The fixed week is Monday to Sunday.
The weekly driving limit is Monday to Sunday.
The fortnightly driving limit is over 2 weeks Monday to Sunday.
The number of extended driving shifts is Monday to Sunday.

And that’s without including the RT(WT)R.

OP was referring to REST regs which is what my reply was based upon

Thanks for replies guys.

Last one, I promise!

Planning on paying back my 21 hours after I finish my shift on Saturday.

So this week would have been as follows
MON Work then 45h off, Wed work, Thur work, Fri work, sat work

If I put my compensation onto the end of a reduced daily rest and made it 30 hours, because I’ve already had a full weekly rest this week, can I then run for another 6 days / 144 hours before taking a REDUCED weekly rest next week? The reason I’m unsure is I’ve always paid back compensation on the back of a full weekly rest in the past. I know if then need to compensate that by the end of the 3rd week but I’ve got quite a few days off over next month so wouldn’t be an issue.

elniniol999:
Planning on paying back my 21 hours after I finish my shift on Saturday.

So this week would have been as follows
MON Work then 45h off, Wed work, Thur work, Fri work, sat work

If I put my compensation onto the end of a reduced daily rest and made it 30 hours, because I’ve already had a full weekly rest this week, can I then run for another 6 days / 144 hours before taking a REDUCED weekly rest next week? The reason I’m unsure is I’ve always paid back compensation on the back of a full weekly rest in the past. I know if then need to compensate that by the end of the 3rd week but I’ve got quite a few days off over next month so wouldn’t be an issue.

No you cannot do that.

If you have a rest period of 30 hours it can be used as a reduced daily rest period (if you have one available) plus 21 hours compensation or it can be used as a 30 hour reduced weekly rest period, but it cannot be used as both.

If you use the rest period as a reduced daily rest period plus compensation then your working week will have begun when you started work on Wednesday, and you will need to start a new weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the time you started on Wednesday.

Yea I’ve got you now. That’s what I thought maybe have been an issue. Is there anything stopping me taking the 30h to pay back then doing a manual entry of say 30mins work and then taking a reduced weekly rest straight after for next week ie Monday 0000 to Tuesday 0000 then taking a second reduced weekly rest period next Sunday? I know the 2 reduced weeklies would be ok but would they be allowed with the manual entry of 30m work?

elniniol999:
Yea I’ve got you now. That’s what I thought maybe have been an issue. Is there anything stopping me taking the 30h to pay back then doing a manual entry of say 30mins work and then taking a reduced weekly rest straight after for next week ie Monday 0000 to Tuesday 0000 then taking a second reduced weekly rest period next Sunday? I know the 2 reduced weeklies would be ok but would they be allowed with the manual entry of 30m work?

You shouldn’t need the manual entry, but if it makes you more confident in a 30 hour rest period being recognised as compensation I suppose it won’t do any harm to manually book a short period of other work after the 30 hour period.

What would be the point of the 30 min other work if doing 30 hours off followed by more hours off :question:

Unless I missed something here …

ROG:
What would be the point of the 30 min other work if doing 30 hours off followed by more hours off :question:

Unless I missed something here …

As I said it’s not needed, but if it makes him feel more confident that the compensation will be paid back in time it’s not going to hurt anyone.

So I could just run 54 hours straight off and it would be recognised as the 21h compensation ontop of a 9hour daily with a 24h reduced weekly on the back of it?

elniniol999:
So I could just run 54 hours straight off and it would be recognised as the 21h compensation ontop of a 9hour daily with a 24h reduced weekly on the back of it?

Yes, if it doesn’t recognise it as the required compensation the analysis software needs seeing to.

Couldn’t give a toss about the software!! Cheers! Been a big help

elniniol999:

54 hours off would be 33 reduced weekly rest with the first 9 to 11 hours as daily rest (both run together) THEN 21 hours for compensation leaving a new 12 hours to be compensated for unless it is an extra weekly rest