A hello from the sunny North East

As the title says, hello from the north east! I’m Steve, 41, from Bishop Auckland and i’m looking for a change!

Just passed my theory tests and cpc theory the other day. Took them all together one after the other and passed all three, first time. Gerrin! So, I’m booked in to do some practical training with Twinway who are local to me. A mate of mine went through them iirc for his C2 a good few years ago and said they were good. Other than that I haven’t heard much about them. My test is going to be from Darlington to Middlesbrough and back at the end of this month which is a Monday.

Once I’m passed (hopefully first time again) I’ll start knocking on doors for work.

A neighbor of my dads is working with a company that collects “fallen” livestock. They run out of Hamsterley and cover various farms etc in surrounding area. Sounds gruesome but that sort of thing never bothered me and as they were advertising the other day I might give them a ring. Plus side would be I’d be back most if not every night and I don’t think they have to worry about tacho’s for some reason. Legal loophole?

So, if you have any good pointers or have anything decent to say, leave a comment!

stevezx7r:
A neighbor of my dads is working with a company that collects “fallen” livestock. They run out of Hamsterley and cover various farms etc in surrounding area. Sounds gruesome but that sort of thing never bothered me and as they were advertising the other day I might give them a ring. Plus side would be I’d be back most if not every night and I don’t think they have to worry about tacho’s for some reason. Legal loophole?

If that is all they do then they could come under an exemption from EU regs - I am thinking agriculture and livestock …

If they do other things and that is only a part of what they do then be careful

Yeah, I’m fairly sure they only dispatch poorly livestock then cart them away to be “recycled”. Might even come under waste management?

stevezx7r:
As the title says, hello from the north east! I’m Steve, 41, from Bishop Auckland and i’m looking for a change!

Just passed my theory tests and cpc theory the other day. Took them all together one after the other and passed all three, first time. Gerrin! So, I’m booked in to do some practical training with Twinway who are local to me. A mate of mine went through them iirc for his C2 a good few years ago and said they were good. Other than that I haven’t heard much about them. My test is going to be from Darlington to Middlesbrough and back at the end of this month which is a Monday.

Once I’m passed (hopefully first time again) I’ll start knocking on doors for work.

So, if you have any good pointers or have anything decent to say, leave a comment!

I do the odd shift for my inlaw collecting fallen stock. There is an exemption for the use of tachos for this line of work but I can’t remember where I read it. Got me thinking now…

Bishop Auckland you nearly a Smoggie then south of me & I am in the North East but hey what is 2 counties between people :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck there are firms in middlesborough that may take you on once you have passed but a bit far south for me to be able to say which are the best

Could also try some in the Newton Aycliffe area, a few up there.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

This is the link to the EU drivers’ hours exemptions:

gov.uk/drivers-hours/exemptions-from-eu-law

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I know who you’re on about (their initials are JW). As I did a similar thing many years ago with a 7.5t fridge wagon…

Not heard anything good or bad about them though, so can’t help there…

As for companies around you, I think there’s plenty to choose from compared to further up here…