Should I contact potential employers before my test?

This may seem like a very newbie question and please be blunt with me if it is
I just posted off my medical and not even got my training booked yet but is it possible to get a head start on the job hunting front by contacting agencies/hauliers in advance.
I will hopefully be doing my class 2 in September when I have time off work and my class 1 shortly after.
I’m based between Lincolnshire and Boston just in case anyone has any local knowledge of agencies/hauliers that take new passes that they can add to their answer.
Many thanks in advance for any answers.

I can appreciate that your keen to test out the viability of obtaining your licence, however the job market is dictated by employers requiring drivers at the time of advertising. It is unlikely you will get anyone offering anything until you have the required licence, CPC & digital tachograph card. There is nothing wrong with inquiring with agencies to see if they would take on new passes. Not a bad idea at this stage just doing some research on the transport companies local to you so you can approach them when you are ready. Also get your CV up to date and ready. Don’t rush too quickly as it all takes time to achieve in stages. Only thing at this stage is to get your theory, hazard perception, mod 2 case study out of the way. Then once you have passed your driving test you can get straight onto mod 4 and you are then available for work.

I had a start lined up, subject to an assessment, before I had my provisional. It’s not always what you know. But there is work when you get your licence. Not always great work but there is work

Put bluntly, NO. No one wants to know until you have the relevant licence.

Thanks for the advice. I’ve emailed a few local companies to ask if they take on new passes so that’s a tentative toe in the water.

Don’t want to move to south coast ? My firm needs cat c drivers

blue estate:

What do they pay mr estate? Mate of mine is looking for class 2 tramping and doesn’t mind a bit of travel. Cheers

Chunkzilla:

blue estate:

What do they pay mr estate? Mate of mine is looking for class 2 tramping and doesn’t mind a bit of travel. Cheers

I’ll pm you

That would be awesome. Love the South coast. We were hoping to move to another part of Lincolnshire soon. I’ll have to see if my lovely wife fancies going a bit farther afield.

blue estate:

Chunkzilla:

blue estate:

I’ll pm you

Cheers mate

Mark500:

This.

i passed my class 2 but hadnt done my cpc yet and no one was sending back anything - the moment i had my cpc and was ready to go then the calls came in

Mani:

Mark500:

This.

i passed my class 2 but hadnt done my cpc yet and no one was sending back anything - the moment i had my cpc and was ready to go then the calls came in

That’s reassuring. I’ve put out plenty of feelers out with local companies and had a few positive responses now. Just got to be patient and revise my theory and get my test done.

RUNNERDAVE1976:
That’s reassuring. I’ve put out plenty of feelers out with local companies and had a few positive responses now. Just got to be patient and revise my theory and get my test done.

i did the same as you did - applied for jobs before i had everything but then stopped cause its like wasting time. just focus on what needs to be done to be qualified. then it’ll be much easier

RUNNERDAVE1976:

Mani:

Mark500:

This.

The worst thing that can happen is that they say "no thanks " no harm in asking I say, don’t ask don’t get. I don’t see any reason why not. Just be prepared for a lot of knock backs

RUNNERDAVE1976:
This may seem like a very newbie question and please be blunt with me if it is
I just posted off my medical and not even got my training booked yet but is it possible to get a head start on the job hunting front by contacting agencies/hauliers in advance.
I will hopefully be doing my class 2 in September when I have time off work and my class 1 shortly after.
I’m based between Lincolnshire and Boston just in case anyone has any local knowledge of agencies/hauliers that take new passes that they can add to their answer.
Many thanks in advance for any answers.

If you train C+E with Eddie Stobart, you get guaranteed interview after passing your training, but the training location is only in Warrington. The cost is 1440£. You can find more info on their site. I think it’s a great start as a newbie, and we all know the name of this company.

To be honest I don’t have time to think about a job yet. Concentrating on learning the theory and getting the licence/cpc.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk