Cancelled Shifts - Compensation?

So had one shift cancelled with 23 hours notice last week.

Then had another one cancelled with less than 4 hours notice.

I did text back wondering if I can invoice…no reply!!

What’s the fat chance of invoicing the agency for compensation??

boltonboy:

Next time draw up a contract with cancellation terms in it where both sides sign it and keep a copy each

eagerbeaver:

boltonboy:

And did I expect anything less!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I arrived for a shift once, and got a call five minutes in saying I’d been canned. They said they would still pay me for 8 hours, without me even having to ask.

However, I suspect if the cancellation is done before you arrive then there’s no payment.

ORC:
I arrived for a shift once, and got a call five minutes in saying I’d been canned. They said they would still pay me for 8 hours, without me even having to ask.

However, I suspect if the cancellation is done before you arrive then there’s no payment.

Think thats standard procedure. At least with decent agencies anyway
I turned up for a shift once and the TM looked at me and asked what I was doing there as all the trucks were away (trunks). Turned out the agency had double booked. I called them and straight away they said Id still get paid for 8 hours. Ive had shifts cancelled with 5 or 6 hours notice before but I dont think youre entitled to compensation for it.
Best thing to do is note how often it happens and if you are turning down work with one agency and end up having shifts cancelled with the other, dont use the other!