New driver to class1

Just a bit about my experience as a HGV driver, to give newbies an idea and hope that no experience can be annoying but keep trying and u will get there.
I passed my class 2 last august and class 1 in February, I found class 2 work pretty much straight away by applying for every job I could, I got an interview and if you research the job and say what they want to hear your inexperience won’t matter.
After passing class 1 I applied for every job and also put my CV on the various sites ie indeed, and the phone has never stopped ringing despite having no experience. I got a job and although it was long hours and not ideal I got lots of driving experience and this has helped me get the job I always wanted, and again my inexperience hasn’t gone against me, I researched the firm and thankfully got an interview and passed the driving assessment.
I have had a few knockbacks along the way but if u can be confident and believe in yourself then the work is out there and as a 35 year old changing career it’s scary but possible. Good luck to all and the information on here has been invaluable.

Sent from my B1-780 using Tapatalk

That’s good to hear, I’ve never had a problem getting class 2 work since the day I passed. I’ve held my class1 since Jan 16 but never even tried to use it. I’m getting some refresher training in a couple of months then it’s time to take the plunge!