Curious, will I encounter analogue tach much?

Just curious really, I’m revising the theory and there’s quite a few questions on analogue tachograph. And I can’t help but wonder if I’m likely to come across it much in the real world.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Trucks registered before May 2006 will likely be analogue. So difficult to answer the question but there is certainly a possibility of coming across one.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You won’t come across it too often nowadays, I’ve been limping for years and could count on the fingers of one hand how many times I’ve come across one. You do need to know how to use one tho because if you only meet one in the next 10 years you still need to know what to do

You’ll need to know for the agency tacho test too, analogue is always on there :wink:

come over here for a working holiday in ireland both north and south for a crash course in analogue tachos and the use of them thereof.within 1 week you will be a master of all things required to utilise their use to the nth degree… :unamused:

jbaz73:
You won’t come across it too often nowadays, I’ve been limping for years and could count on the fingers of one hand how many times I’ve come across one. You do need to know how to use one tho because if you only meet one in the next 10 years you still need to know what to do

Yeah I’m cool with learning it. Was just curious about how in use they are. Figured some must still be in use or DVLA wouldn’t keep questions on it in the test.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I’ve only ever used one and that was on a Merc Axor from 06. It was a CD style loader as well. At my current place we have an 06 plate FM that is still analog but that isn’t used that much.

Most of the pre 06 trucks that I’ve drove have had the analogue tachos long since replaced with digital because the tachos naturally bugger up with age and driver abuse anyway