Hours-quick newbie question

Hello, first of all I appreciate any help with this
If I work 37.5 hours Monday to Friday in a non driving job, how many hours could I work on a weekend in a pea tipper??
Thanks for any replies

undertaker:
If I work 37.5 hours Monday to Friday in a non driving job, how many hours could I work on a weekend in a pea tipper??
Thanks for any replies

LGV driving under EU regs means that usually you can drive for one day every other weekend due to the rest laws

The non driving job comes under the normal WTD
The driving job comes under the drivers WTD
There is no rule adding the two together

undertaker:
Thanks for any replies

The question can’t be answered without knowing when your working week starts and ends.

Most people who work Monday to Friday can legally drive 1 shift every second week, but without knowing the start and finish times of your usual working week it’s not possible to say for certain.

OK thanks, so I work Monday to Friday 8:30 till 16:30 with 30 mins lunch.
So presumably I can only work about 8 hours every other weekend. The government just love to keep the working man down!!

undertaker:
So presumably I can only work about 8 hours every other weekend. The government just love to keep the working man down!!

Not government but the EU brought that in :wink:

undertaker:

You could do a shift every week starting no earlier than 01:30 Saturday and finishing no later than 11:30 Saturday.

Alternatively you can do a shift every week if you can find a shift on UK domestic regulations

But the chances of finding such shifts on a regular basis is so remote that realistically you can legally do 1 shift every second week.

As blue estate said these rules were brought in by the EU commission not the UK government :wink:

Or you could do something that i would never do and neither would anyone here, if you mean the pea wagons leading from the fields they only work for the next 8 weeks and are old trucks with paper cards you could always just mislay the 2nd days card each week or say you don’t do any other work if stopped which is no good if involved in an acciddent. Like i said you shouldn’t do it but there are a lot of farmworkers doing it

undertaker:

What makes you think that you can only work an 8 hour driving shift every other weekend :question:

If you are thinking about the 48 hour week then that does not affect you as 37.5 hours are in a non driving job under the normal WTD which can be fully opted out of leaving only the driving WTD to be considered