New driver couple of questions

There 2 levers for trailer brake think its a red one and a black one whats the other used for as only used one of them when out on practise drive, and is it in brake when pulled out or pushed in?

Lowering and raising suspension when coupling and uncoupling any tips on this as i was shown very briefly but didnt tke much of it in!

Ige got my first shift next week and im bricking it as ive only drove an arric once as dun teat in wag and drag, cheers .

gooddriver:
There 2 levers for trailer brake think its a red one and a black one whats the other used for as only used one of them when out on practise drive, and is it in brake when pulled out or pushed in?

Lowering and raising suspension when coupling and uncoupling any tips on this as i was shown very briefly but didnt tke much of it in!

Ige got my first shift next week and im bricking it as ive only drove an arric once as dun teat in wag and drag, cheers .

Should be blue the other one mate dont bother with it, I think its for shunting. You pull it out to apply brake- press to release.

For suspension, when coupling reverse upto the trailer n stop before, go out and look if you have to, to make sure that you are low enough to go under and wont smash into the thing. Make sure the trailer brake is on. You may have to lower your suspension. Then SLOWLY reverse under the trailer and lift it up - i usually lift until the legs are off the ground, prevents damaging them and makes it easier to wind them up, but I suppose it depends on the truck/load etc.- then reverse back until you here the click, bang of the locking mechanism. Then put it in drive and try to drive forward TWICE. After that do ur clip legs etc.

When dropping the trailer. After you’ve applied the brakes, wind down the legs, suzies off, and then ur clip. What I do is drive forward until you’re off the pin and then lower the suspension on the unit so that u dont drop the trailer onto it. If you want you can jump out again and see how muc u need to lower it. Prevents damage to the unit and also the trailer legs.

Main thing is take ur time and remember BLACK. Oh and mind ur plate lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The black or blue knob is the shunt valve, for example when moving a trailer with the park brake released pressing the shunt valve allows the brakes to release and the trailer to be shunted around the yard without the air lines connected. But you don’t have any trailer braking as air lines are not connected. So the prime mover whether a tug or unit has to do all the braking for both unit and trailer. So should only be used at slow speeds.

Cheers lads

And a lot of shunt buttons won’t work as companies don’t like them and have them disconnected or decommissioned by having return air so they won’t work